Fished well inside the pack today south of Saugy all by myself and never had to turn the wheel. Had my plumber along - owed him a favor, and he took his son. I love trading trips for stuff I can't do and then getting people out on the lake who would not have the chance.

I told him I admired his work the day after every plate of chicken wings, but I digress.

Full core with a DW green dolphin was good, #4 green glow J on a 2 color SWR down 30', and laker fare down on the bottom. We had lines in from 6:30 to 10 and went 6/8, 5 lakers (two lost) and three kings. Lakers were "oh crap I hope that's 20", 5#, and 11#, and the kings were 9#, 17#, and 26#.

I knew it was big; but didn't expect it to peg my 25# calibrated scale. NIST traceable commercial legal for trade scale was 25.9#. I rounded up.....

Funny thing was, it was only 35" long and just insanely thick, and it didn't fight. The 17# went on a nice 400' run, this one just bulldogged all the way in, took maybe 10 minutes to land.

Wow thats a big fish, not sure I've seen one that big. Upload photo to a photo imaging site like photo bucket, copy the IMG code and paste it to post your pic.

Congrats on the trip and fish. I got a small furry creature with a white steak down its back