ludington 26th a.m. and big weenie

ludington 26th a.m. and big weenie

fished this a.m. from 8-10 had a couple bumps but no takers. the temp break has moved up since yesterday in the am. yeaterday the break was at 64ft. today it was at 45ft. we did not mark hardly any fish today out in 85-120 fow. my question for you guys is where should i try and go in the am? should i try and find them in shallow or out in deeper water?

A very special thank you to karen and gary at big weenie. i lost both my blue poofster flasher fly combos today and gave them a call and gary was more than happy to overnight them to me but i wanted them for the morning so i ran down to the shop in g.r. and karen hooked me up with some great stuff. thanks again karen. if you guys have not tried ther stuff give it a good honest try. the blue poofster flasher fly combo run on a braided magnum high diver has taken 60% of my fish the last 2 yrs.

I have heard that there are fish north of the harbor off Lincoln creek. Might be worth a look in the AM as that area should have warmer warm. The water has been cold like that off Holland for awhile and fish have been in 50-60 fow. Good Luck in the AM.

Big Weenie's customer service is excellent.

Did not see the "Blue Poofster" on the Big Weenie's web site however they have a "Rubber Poofster" which has blue in it---is this the one you have had luck with? How long a lead do you use on the fly? What position do you run the rig at?

Thanks and good luck finding the fish.

Todd, fyi check out fish-ludington.com, and also Capt. Chuck's for the current bite. Many have been making a long trek south near Little Pt. Sable for more action the last couple weeks. Good luck.

Good advice RTF....Tony/Craig at Capt. Chuck's always are up to date with what's going on around Ludington, and are just great guys and tough competitiors.

BBDH...check your replies on GLA forum.

Good Luck and Tight Lines

it is the rubber poofster. if you call them and ask for the one that the crazy ohioian drove all the to get so he had it in the morning, they will know what you need. i am running that exclusively on a braid high diver magnum walker dipsy on a 3 setting between 205-225. i have the fly about 24 in. behind the paddle.