Muskegon Sat 7/23 PM Sun 7/24 AM/PM

Sat PM: Hit water early 5PM went straight out to 100 FOW, trolled into 50 FOW. Pulled lines picked-up buddy headed back out just north of pier. Zig-zagged 60-90 NW, SE, SW, NE. Took 11.5# steelie in 78 FOW 50 down on rigger, 10# steelie in 68 FOW 100 back on braided line bloddy nose. Fish broke green fly off green fishcatcher 66 down on rigger. 2 shakers on other riggers when switching to glow spoons. Bottom 10 feet of screen was just lit up at sunset with bait and archs up to top but could not get a bite. Pulled lines at 10:30 PM. Speed at ball was 2.3-2.6 MPH when catching fish.

Sun AM: Set lines at 5:30AM about 2 miles north of pier in 45 FOW headed NW. Not a hit until at least 7AM on 10 color lead 12# king on purple spoon. Put back out and 10# king took it in 68-78 FOW. 2 skippers pulled in on riggers one shaker on rigger missed. Dipsey's did not do a thing. Wind did 360 within 3 hours.

Went 8 for 11 for the 2 trips, not bad but was not hot and heavy for length of time on water. Bellies full of alewives. Maybe they are eating before we go fishing.

Sun PM: went 6 miles north of pier, ran every which way, changed speeds, changed lures, 50-100 FOW. Not a thing all night. Good marks in 86 FOW, good marks in 60 FOW and screen lit-up from 60-45 FOW toward dark. Have not had that first light of last light flurry yet this year but fun trying.

Do not know how to post pics but finally got Great Lakes fisherman sticker on boat with new name decals.

The Fishing Pol III is catching some fish.:thumb:

I've really struggled to get an early low light bite for the better part of a year!! Seemed later last year and so far this year we have really struggled to get action prior to about 7 or 7:30 AM for whatever reason. Used to be the hot bite was early - now it is a "not" bite instead of "hot" bite.

We were going to go Sunday and got scared off by the weather that was in WI at 5 AM. In hindsight we should have went but I made my decision based on what I saw on the radar and showed it to the guys and we all agreed that the way it looked it was best to stay home. At about 6:45 AM I realized I made a bad call and the crew was already home in bed. Opps!

I'll be trying again Sunday AM - hope we can get into some good ones!!

• 2 weeks later...