Church boards - 22's vs walleye

Does anyone know if the TX 22's are better for pulling cores and copper than the walleye board? I just bought a walleye board from church and have used thier mini boards and tx 12's in the past. I now find myself second guessing and wondered what yous guys thought. thanks

I use the Walleye boards almost exclusively. The only drawback I see is that the pin is prone to wearing thru and has to be replaced yearly. TheTX12 boards are ok in the spring for coho but with weighted lines anything more than 4 colors of Leadcore they are too small. The new TX44 is huge and I just cant bring myself to try them. I run 300' of 45# copper on the Walleye board and all I do is adjust the weight toward the nose of the board about 1/4" it works great and I catch a lot of fish on that set up.

I use the wally boards with no issues pulling lead or copper, biggest copper I run is 300 45#, board runs a little close but no issues.

also replace the plastic pin with Stainless Steel, I made my own, after two lost boards. zero lost since.

I use the wally boards with no issues pulling lead or copper, biggest copper I run is 300 45#, board runs a little close but no issues.

also replace the plastic pin with Stainless Steel, I made my own, after two lost boards. zero lost since.

Jon:

Can u post a pic of the steel pin and what matl did u use. Thx

The new giant 44's pull like a dream. They plane much further out to the sides of the boat with a load of core or copper than a walleye board ever will. For anyone that is considering trying them, I highly recommend you do!

Then start over and buy some real boards. Offshore.:)

C'mon Frank these r for salmon not them little walleye. :P Offshores will be half sunk straight back with just a spoon hanging. This man wants some SALMON boards!!!:stir::thwak::poke:

Jon:

Can u post a pic of the steel pin and what matl did u use. Thx

imag0440.jpg

imag0444.jpg

lets try a little market test, how many guys would switch to this style of pin and what would you pay, I have only made a couple handfull up on a manual lathe, but if I could get enough people to buy I could setup one of the cnc up over a weekend and run a couple hundred in a couple of hours. Would just need to cover the material, tooling and machine time - I'm sure the owner would not object as long as he is covered for cost.

jon.

I have one offshore for the starboard and now this walleye board for the port... I am not married to one manufacturer. But i do like the speed with the pin on church boards...1-0 church tackle...the game aint over. I would think that offshore will be putting some new designs or sizes out soon, inlines are blowing up like the backstreet boys!

C'mon Frank these r for salmon not them little walleye. :P Offshores will be half sunk straight back with just a spoon hanging. This man wants some SALMON boards!!!:stir::thwak::poke:

Frankly... I gotta agree with Frank.

Church boards have the word "Walleye" directly on them...:P

The tx-22 is a decent board. I like them for the fact you can switch them to run on either side.

For salmon i have run Offshores, church tx-22s, z-boards, and orange church "walleye" boards and like them in that order. With a few minor adjustments/improvements on every board.

Frankly... I gotta agree with Frank.

Church boards have the word "Walleye" directly on them...:P

The tx-22 is a decent board. I like them for the fact you can switch them to run on either side.

For salmon i have run Offshores, church tx-22s, z-boards, and orange church "walleye" boards and like them in that order. With a few minor adjustments/improvements on every board.

I gotta agree i had some walleye boards and use all offshore boards for coppers. When i went to otter boats for walleye the walleye boards were sold. I think they make a better diver than a board when you have heavy lines on them and i dont care how much you adjust the weight. I played that game. I am getting a set of tx-22s for running over 300ft of 45 lb copper for next season.

I run both church and offshores. I run offshore for walleye and the churches for salmon. That said, i have used both on big coppers and IMO, both work, but are really starting to get overtaken by those 300'+ 45# coppers as they lag back considerably. And i must not be the only one thats not liking that as since the popularity of copper and big coppers has increased youve seen larger boards come into the market place to tow them better. Z-Boards and now Church has come out with a bigger one to accommodate them . Im gonna get some of these larger boards just for these lines to hopefully counter act that lag back....besides, what another 4 or 6 when you already own close to 40...lol