Weekend report

Friday AM

Ben Lubbs and I headed out of Holland to fish prior to the DW event. With storms coming in we managed to box 3 fish (2 kings 1 steel) in an hour. We played it safe and ran for the harbor as the sky started to look pretty crappy.

Friday PM

Fished with my buddy Dane and Ben Lubbs again. We ended 3 for 9. (2 steel 1 king) We had a great night of fishing, with a lot of steelhead on, but none stayed stuck. Had one break off a 250 copper, the knot held, the copper broke. Big fish of the night was 17# Most hits came on BLL Patriot and BLL Mod Blue Veggie. Stinger size Mixed Veggie and Stinger sized Green slush also took some fish.

Saturday Am

DW event Storms and big waves we did not fish

Saturday Pm

I fished with NBK from GLF. We managed 3 fish. (2 kings 1 laker). We marked a lot of fish, but they seemed to have lock jaw. Fish came on Stinger mixed veggie, BLL Bloody Nose Dalmatian

, BLL Green/Yellow Frog. As the sun went down the fish came off the bottom as did the bait, but we could not get them to hit. I marked the way points in hoped they would be hungry in the morning.

Sunday AM

8-14  Same water, same lures , same speed, nothing had changed from the night before. BLL Green/yellow frog, Blue/green frog, yellow frog , (All prototypes) Mod Blue Veggie, all took several hits. Moonshine happy meal (not the mag size) and Mixed Veggie stinger, and BLL Patriot also took a hits. For the first time in 2 weeks did my FF take some hits. Both hits came on a 8” DW paddle with BW proctologist fly. I finally found a way to make my riggers work 200 back on the deep rigger with a UV spoon 70 down fired 5 times.

Sunday PM

Dinner with the wife

This weekend was full of ups and downs. The riggers finally started to fire after I started running 100-200 foot leads. Divers are still slow. COPPER and Lead were HOT HOT HOT!!! 95 percent of the fish came on a N troll 72-75 FOW going 2.7-3.1 with the waves current ect.

Best Set ups

5 color w/ Mixed Veggie stinger

5 color w/ MS Happy meal

200 Copper UV green slush

250 BLL Mod. Blue Veggie or BLL Anaconda

300 BLL blue/Green Frog

350 BLL Patriot

Riggers BLL Yellow/Green Frog 70 DOWN and BLL Mod Blue Veggie 47 DOWN

NBK... text me... I sent you a msg yesterday, I want to make sure I have the right number.

Ken... I have been fishing ALOT, because work is going to pick up next month and I start college again. So that means my fishing is down the crapper.