Garmin GPSMap 60CSx

Hi guys. I'm sure it's been answered before, but there are so many gps threads, I can't sort them out.

I just got a new GPS as noted above. Using for fishing, mostly. Saginaw bay and some inland lakes.

What would be the best mapping software for Michigan lake contours? I don't know what maps are the most detailed, or contain the most information.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Pearson

I can tell you if you use it primarily on Saginaw Bay do not get the Lakemaster Chip. Has lots of missing detail and some of the cartography is way off. The lakemaster version does not have the black hole, the break with all hte fingers west of the shipping channel, the catfish hole is off, the old river channel is off, doesnt show the gravel bar around the crib area. It does have allot of the other breaks, humps etc on it and worked pretty well, i just was shocked to see some of the stuff thats off and not there. It does however have 85 inland lakes with detail i believe. The map is a pretty good bang for your buck. I think i paid 100 for mine at reeds in minnesota purchasing online.

Fishing Hot Spots is tough to beat for the bay itself, but im not sure if they offer one with other inland lakes. Garmin also has the Blue Charts and Blue Chart Vision Maps. You can look them up on their webite to see the kind of coverage along with examples of the lake.