27LC smoked!!!!

Yep, I already know it had no biz being in my spread, but I liked the size and the way it felt in my hand, plus my boys could handle it much easier than some of my other set ups. Problem is the first decent king we hooked up with took off for a tenth of a mile and burned it up good :eek: I noticed while fighting him the LC crapped out and the last 30ft of line that was out, I could barely turn the handle. Anybody know what happened and is it worth getting it looked at or just a paper weight? Thanks

The Sealine series have a much better drag and will hold up to kings better/longer than the GL or Accudepth's. It really depends on what happened to it. Tuna Tom should be able to tell you what's wrong and if it's worth fixing. Look up Tuna's Reel Troubles in Ludington. I use a few of the 27 size rods in my spread with no issues, but I use the Sealines.

If the handle dont turn it sounds like you toasted some gears inside and its bound up in there. Id take it apart and see whats up. If your not comfortable doing that, then Tuna Tom is an bet.....I also agree with Nick, its tough to beat the Sealine series, but im not sure what your running.

• 3 weeks later...