Port Sheldon 7/16 AM & 7/17 PM

7/16 AM

Ended 2 for 3 fishing in 80-120 fow. What worked was regular size Super Screw on SWR w/ a board (6lb Steelhead). Flea for All on 225' copper (might have been a lazy Laker or a Meijers bag but came off with little or no fight). 10-1/2lb King on Magnum NBK parked at 50ft (my 4 year olds first Big lake fish!) My son fought the fish on a rigger rod with a Cush-it (awesome invention) on the end. Fish had 3 runs that almost pulled the rod out of his hands, but I helped assist. And he pulled the fish to the net.

7/17 PM

Ended 2 for 3 again fishing 110-140 fow. What worked was same Super screw as above on 225' copper (5lb Steelhead). Glow Wonder Bread on rigger parked at 27ft (8lb Laker). Third fish came on Super Screw again and fish made 2 huge runs that kept the board under water. Saw the black under the line, on the reel, tightened drag and thumbed reel to keep from getting spooled and fish popped loose, leaving the board about 150 yards behind the boat. Either was a huge fish, or was foul hooked, but I didn't lose any gear.