I need your opinion on a July & August 6 Rod Presentation

What would you suggest when rods are limited to six? I have two downriggers availalbe two dipsey rod holders and two regular rod holders. Options for me to consider will be received with many thanks.:D

2 riggers, with 4 lead core for boards, plus 2 divers. I frequently have the 2 riggers, 2 divers and two leadcore going. Today it was the rggers and 4 leadcores - two five color, a two color and three color. All my fish came on the five colors. You need to gradually collect more rods and reels than you can use at once so that you will have what you need when the occasion arises.

It depends on depth of water and where the fish are located in the water column but the riggers for sure 2 rods and 2 wire divers are a must after that the lead core can be confusing but start with full core of 27 or 36# leadcore should get u between 45 and 60 ft down, I like to run copper for deep long line presentations so I have 2 300' of 45# copper in the spread when we go deeper than 90 fow. That runs around 80' down. U have a lot of options but the dipseys and riggers should be your key presentations, If your dipseys arent getting hit lengthen the leader to between 8 and 12' it should increase your strikes on the dipseys. Good luck

2 riggers with free sliders[4 spoons] 2 mags 2 smaller 2 wire divers with spindoctors/fly 1 300 copper on a board with a plug and either a 10 color or a 5 color or my other 300 copper [mag spoon]depending on the fish and depth.My favorite spread.

I would stack the riggers with flasher fly on top and spoon on bottom with longer lead ala keating. Stagger them 10-15 ft on each rigger then stagger your rigger depth as well. Then two dipseys I like chart. Dipsey with Siggs green hypnotist custom combo

i would run 2 riggers, 2 dipseys, and 2 copper/leadcore.. But then you have to figure out what is working best and run more of those.. For example the last time we went out of ludington we had a 9 rod spread and we ran 6 coppers and 3 dipseys mainly because the downriggers were catching nothing.

• 2 years later...

I second Matt's (Hear Fishy Fishy) approach...and whether you're using wire or braid, learning when to use a high diver vs a low diver and when to switch is valuable to learn. Fished 6 rods for a few years on my 18 Lund until I added the holders and gear to fish 3 guys and 9 rods. Am just now figuring out the low and high diver thing. For the planer's, if you can put together 4-6 setups to switch out as needed, a couple of short cores (3 & 5 color; buy a full core of line and use the remaining 2 colors for a SWR for the riggers) and a 200 and 300 copper are tough to beat. Coppers are my favorite though.

A lot of guys will go with 2 riggers and 4 divers early AM and then pull the high divers when they stop firing and deploy the planers to replace them in the spread. If you like this option, you may want to look into a couple more dipsy holders if its possible.