My home port is St. Joe but was staying in Elk Rapids last week. I made the 4:00AM trek to Frankfort last Friday and hit the water at sunrise. Water temp was 64 degrees on the surface. Lake was dead flat. There were probably ten to fifteen boats between the in front of the harbor and Point Betsie. I started in 140 fow and trolled between the two points for three hours. Marked five fish and didn't have one release. Radio reports indicated the guys who hit the water while it was still dark had the most luck. I'm going back up in two weeks, let me know if you have any better luck.

We fish ludington which isnt to far from frankfort and the fishing has been slow and we havent been out fishing since the 4th of july week and we went 6 for 11 over 2 days and meat rigs seemed to be the best.. Copper and wire divers are what we caught fish on.. Although the good newsis that the fish are big we got 2 fish that were 20+ lbs and the rest were 14 lbs or bigger

fished saturday mprning on the water at 4am had 2 releases marked bait balls north went south to herring hole found bait had to release no fish ,fished east grand traverse bay with my young children on sunday evening 3 for 7 lake trout the children were happy

with the full moon the bite has been at night,as soon as the sun pops up they are shutting down.we went 7 for 11 on sat night out of manistee with most of the hits in the top 35 fow and most were screamers.moonshnie highliner in standard size was the standout at 24 dwn on a rigger