I'm going to make it a quick one. Headed out late tonight with two friends. Got on the lake around 7:30 and it was flat calm. The lake turned over in the past day so made a couple passes infront of the the channel looking for cold water and couldn't find it. Started heading out with my eye on the graph watching the temp. Dropped off to about 62 in 60 FOW so I set down and started setting lines on a west-south-west troll. From the radio chatter no one really had any thing going. Ran a mostly spoon spread with a tincan/sng on one diver and a f/f on the other. Drove around most of the night marking fish but not getting any hits.

Once it got towards sunset started changing out to glow spoons. By this time we were headed north east back toward Holland. Got lines set and soon after took a hit on the five color lead. I was setting one of the downriggers so grabbed the pole and as soon as i grabbed it the diver on my side started going. On of my friends grabbed the diver. My friend got his fish to the boat first, a 5ish lb laker on a white/scale tincan with a MI sunset spin-n-glo on the wire diver dragin' bottom. That fish gets itself wrapped up in the net and i'm still fighting my fish. I get my fish to the boat and see that it is a HOGGG Brown. My friend finally frees the laker from the net and gets the Brown in the boat. Came on a Stinger Glow Wonderbread (stingray size). We weighed the fish on my scale at the cleaning station and it was 10lb 8oz. I was ecstatic because its only the second brown I've ever caught and the first on the big lake. It was a great fight and that thing was a football :lol: We took another laker a little while later on the other wire diver pulling a 10" Mtn. Dew SD and at Big Weenie Cornbread fly. The first two fish came in about 70 FOW and the last came in 65. SOG was 2.7-2.9 MPH. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Nice work Ben.

We had a trip like that last year , or maybe it was the year before now, I can't remember. Anyway, our 11.5lb ish brown is hanging on the wall. Also one of the only I've caught on my boat and just a unique trip with good friends.

• 2 weeks later...