Well, after oversleeping the alarm, pulling the windshield nearly off on the garage door, we left out of Holland around 6:45. Waves were a little bumpy, but we set up in 80 fow north. Took 2 kings and a laker all on riggers parked at 47 and 55 and one on a slider. Blue Halo JP slammer and ice frog on slider took the fish. Also missed a skipper steelie on a MI Sunset JP slammer that wouldn't stay in the water on a 5 color. AND I missed my first big fish of the year. Hit the 5 color and I couldn't control it...:eek: Waves made it hard and I couldn't move the fish with the board on. I think I was horsing it too much. Didn't break, just came unbuttoned. Do I loosen the drag and play it longer??:confused:

Overall great bumpy ride this morning. Fished from N of Holland to almost Saugie and back in 80 to 85 were our best. Windshield is fixed by the way...:thumb:

Yes, if I had to guess, losen the drag and tire the fish out as opposed to horsing them.

That being said, every fish is different and there is no one rule of thumb to keep them buttoned. Sometimes they just come undone.

Nice trip though.

Well done.