What to do with Sealine 27 lc in bad shape?

I recently picked up a Sealine 27l c. My intention was to fix the reel and sell it. The further I got into the reel, I found that there was no way to make any money on it with everything it would take to repair it(about $40). :(

So my question is this: Is the reel popular enough to part out? If I sell parts from it can I get $10,25,40? Or is this a reel once it's broken, throw it out, it's not worth fixing? Or fix it and use it?

I have heard that many walleye fisherman use this reel, but I have no idea if it's true. I do some fishing in the boundry waters of MN, but I haven't ever used or needed a lc for it. I'm not sure what to do with it now. :o:confused:

Any suggestions????

That is by far one of the most popular and reliable reels used by walleye fisherman all time. They run around $85 brand new. I think around $60 tops in used working condition unless you put it up for the mongrels on Ebay to fight over. Might as well fix it and put it to use or part it out.

That is by far one of the most popular and reliable reels used by walleye fisherman all time. They run around $85 brand new. I think around $60 tops in used working condition unless you put it up for the mongrels on Ebay to fight over. Might as well fix it and put it to use or part it out.

hey there i take affense at that statment,lol. we might be mongrels but i,ve saved alot of money on ebay. you just cant beat saving money. and you can find things on there thats almost impossable to find.

and i did buy 6 of the sealine sg17lca,s on ebay. i paid 45.00 to 60.00 for them and 3 of them was brand new. so i love ebay,lol.

sherman

by the way im not really offended. im not that thined skined. im a poet and didnt even know it,lol.

Well this one is far from new. Pretty severe boat rash on the chrome rings, gear broken, part of drag missing, screws missing and the pawl looks like someone used it for a screwdriver. Other than that.... it's still ugly.

hey there i take affense at that statment,lol. we might be mongrels but i,ve saved alot of money on ebay. you just cant beat saving money. and you can find things on there thats almost impossable to find.

and i did buy 6 of the sealine sg17lca,s on ebay. i paid 45.00 to 60.00 for them and 3 of them was brand new. so i love ebay,lol.

sherman

by the way im not really offended. im not that thined skined. im a poet and didnt even know it,lol.

I like ebay too, have bought a ton of items there, but ive seen some used items bid up higher than what i can buy them new at the store for.;)..Thats the mongrels im talking about. I think they do it for the thrill of the win!:rolleyes: