Very new to Lake Superior

Hi all. Im going to go brimley in whitefish bay. I was wondering if you can fish in the main lake with ordinary tackle. Im from Pittsburgh and fish erie often, however im sure these 2 lakes are nothing alike. On erie, you take a boat out a hundred yards you can catch perch and small mouth, a walleye here and there. Mostly over small rock patches where there are crayfish. I have been to brimley before, i swam in the lake and remember lifting rocks in 10ft of water a seeing hundreds of crayfish. Do bass come in at night on feed on them? I have a little boat, thats all i can take, i cant pull anything bigger up there, i need to take my van for other people to fit. I wanted to check with you guys to see if i should just leave the boat at home?? If you have any tips on anything i could to up there it would be greatly appreciated!! I cant find any info on fishing that area,however, farther west its seems like the best place in the world!

Thanks

-NIck

Welcome aboard GLF Nick. I wish I could help you there.....i am from munising and only target Salmon & Trout. Yoda who is a member here is a little further southeast but he may have some knowledge of the area. If he doesn't chime in try sending him a private message through this site. Best of luck!!

• 1 month later...

The UP is a great spot for salmon and trout which most people will fish for. If you have a small boat do not go too far out on the great lakes. I have been there when nice days turn in a matter of minutes. Brimley has great pike, walleye, bass, and perch fishing. If you go east or west you can find some good trout and salmon fishing. You may want to add your home location so people can help you better