Big Red Classic 2011

ekbelt

You're making my point' date=' but disagreeing with the opinion.

I would LOVE to lose to Jimmie, who went out ahead of time and caught 12 on Thursday and 11 on Friday and put the work in and deserves to win.

That is a fisherman who knows, works and respects his craft.

I realize that the fishing changed, that's fishing.

I also agree with your opinion about staying out of the tournaments because you don't fish enough to compete with the guys that are out all the time. This is why we have smaller events, like WMFL and others. These are GREAT ways to get into a competitive event for a little bit of money and have a great time. I highly encourage these formats.

I just don't like the big money events being weigh 5. I don't think I'm alone in my opinion, but others have chosen to abstain from the post, which I understand completely.[/quote']

My point is that if more tourneys were like this format more guys would be apt to fish them and the tourneys wouldn't be loosing boats every year. Mike is right right the big tourneys are a slow dying breed. Also with people loosing their jobs and starting over vacation time, that makes my one week more valuable time off unlike when i was up to five weeks vaca before the boss walked in and said sorry have a nice life. So i dont have the disposable time. I fish a lot but to go to a port blind and fish for money just makes no sense at all. I would love to fish more of the big money tourneys but i also have a family which i have to use my vaca time with also because of the sacrafices they make for my fishing.

OH' date=' and I DO like boobs and butts. Just throwing it out there so you don't think I'm a complete moron.[/quote']

??? lol what?

I was just saying what I don't like has been widely announced here. So you don't think I am a complete moron, I think we can agree on some of the things I do like and you all probably do too (boobs and butts).

I think our points are well made, and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I was just saying what I don't like has been widely announced here. So you don't think I am a complete moron' date=' I think we can agree on some of the things I do like and you all probably do too (boobs and butts).

I think our points are well made, and we'll just have to agree to disagree.[/quote']

Agree i just think it is good to air the other sides point of view also.

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse here, but I think the tournament committee missed the mark when they chose to make it catch 10, weigh 5 to increase participation. Now that the #'s are in, the boat registration in 2011 was one boat more than 2010 (55 vs 54), 2009 had 59. I wouldn't consider 1 more boat registered in 2011 with the rule change and still less than 2009 registration #s as the desired outcome (increased participation). I commend the tournament committee for repeatedly putting the event on and trying to increase participation. It was worth a try, but IMO, and opinions vary, more fish in the box means more success and skill than just more weight in the box. Yes weight matters and will also play a factor in determining the weiner, esp. when there are a bunch of boats with their 10 fish limit.

Jim Bobber, WELL DONE with the nice king. You deserved to win the bread you did.

I fish to have fun, PERIOD. I regularly visit this site to learn what's working, where it's working, and appreciate the fish stories as much as the next guy. Guys like Jim Bobber and Just Hook'n have been great contributors for everybody that visits this website. Keep up the good work and the good reports. Quit slamming one another publicly about having different opinions, it's not productive and will kill this website like GLA for postings. If you don't have something nice to say to one another, say nothing at all. peace.

Quit slamming one another publicly about having different opinions, it's not productive and will kill this website like GLA for postings. If you don't have something nice to say to one another, say nothing at all. peace.

I didn't take anything as slamming, and didn't mean it to sound like slamming at all. it was just a discussion about varying opinions on the tournaments. I get along fine with Mark and we have had a few different discussions on here.

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse here, but I think the tournament committee missed the mark when they chose to make it catch 10, weigh 5 to increase participation. Now that the #'s are in, the boat registration in 2011 was one boat more than 2010 (55 vs 54), 2009 had 59. I wouldn't consider 1 more boat registered in 2011 with the rule change and still less than 2009 registration #s as the desired outcome (increased participation). I commend the tournament committee for repeatedly putting the event on and trying to increase participation. It was worth a try, but IMO, and opinions vary, more fish in the box means more success and skill than just more weight in the box. Yes weight matters and will also play a factor in determining the weiner, esp. when there are a bunch of boats with their 10 fish limit.

Lots of people are finacially worse off today, then they were last year or the year before. Lets face it...the economy still sucks! This could also be a factor in why the numbers be down. How many teams sat out this years event because they did not like the rule change? Even without those teams, they still had 1 more team. I believe its an improvement.

A good team will get the bigger fish and should end up at or near the top of the field. ;)

I looked back and guess i missed what ever was said. i see a post saying Mike cleaned it up.

We had a really good time in the tourney. Espically being on Jimmys boat and taking that 27 lber. I have to get the pics of my wifes camera and over to jim so he can get them posted. What was funny is He was just driving and asked me to drive and walked back and stood right next to that rod when it went. Just as he started to fight the fish the sky opened up and poured on him while the rest of us tried to stay dry. The fish was about 50 yds behind the boat and he yells "its a thirty pounder". It was great. Then we got in in the net and weighed the fish and i thought jimmy was gonna dance right there. We will be in it again next year.

Lots of people are finacially worse off today, then they were last year or the year before. Lets face it...the economy still sucks! This could also be a factor in why the numbers be down. How many teams sat out this years event because they did not like the rule change? Even without those teams, they still had 1 more team. I believe its an improvement.

A good team will get the bigger fish and should end up at or near the top of the field. ;)

You aint kidding there. It only took me 16 months to get back to steady work. Nock on wood. And is the reason i haven't been fishing near as much. Now we are trying to get caught back up as unemployment sucks and had to use a lot of savings just to stay afloat. It makes it tougher when they kept cutting unemployment which doesn't pay anything anyways. I know a lot of people in a lot worse shape then we were, and a few that were selling all there gear just to try and stay in their houses. I haven't even had 20 bucks to my name to keep my membership up on here.