Sunday and Monday Holland limits

Fished with Capt. Don aboard the Tangled Mess this weekend while camping in Holland. Sunday morning we headed out around 6:30 and set up in 120 fow on a South troll. We put down three rods targeting lakers and the rest of the spread was looking for silver. We picked away at the silver, but the lakers were the real deal both days. Plentiful and lots of size. Mark (Just Hook'n) was along with us also, very nice guy and family, glad to meet you Mark. I also got to finally meet Don's wife. We needed another body or two to extend the trip, we were boxed out by 9:00. Tin Cans and spin n glows on the wire divers and center rigger bottom fishing was taking the lakers and the BR copper setups with SS mags were picking away on the silver fish. We ended up with our 9 lakers and three bonus kings. The trip ended up costing me $400 though, this 36" just under 20# laker will look nice in the rod shop.

M1120003.jpg

I know there are larger ones in the lake, but I don't fish over there enough to slice that one up.

Sunday afternoon was kids day aboard the Tangled Mess. My two sons, Dons daughter, and my nephew were the fishermen/women for the night. As luck would have it, they dominated us! We ran the same laker/king program that worked in the morning and never had any more than 5 minutes without a bite. We ended the evening with 14 lakers and three real nice kings coming on 19 bites! Why do kids almost never lose fish? I shot almost 2 hours of kids fighting fish in HD. I'll try to get some of the videos uploaded in the next day or so.

Monday morning it was myself, Don, and his nephew. We basically paid for our earlier sins and the fish bested us. We ended up with 7 fish(two kings, 5 lakers) for at least 19 bites. We couldn't keep them stuck! The steelhead were beating us bigtime, going arial, throwing hooks and flashing the bird as they swam away laughing. All in all, it was a great weekend. Great fishing, great friends, and memories with the kids that will last a lifetime.

Yeah, Don asked for a center rigger rod with a soft fast tip. Used an American Tackle glass blank and wow did it perform. He reads that tip like a book to tell if there is a fish there. Now to fill in the corner riggers with the standard rigger rods and his downrigger program will be totally killer. Like he needs more advantage LOL:D.

Sorry Don, I forgot about the ones my wife took. They are on her camera. I'll post them when I get done with therapy this morning. Grandpa passed away last evening, thought you should know.