Sunday and Monday

Well, picked the boat up from Augres Marine yesterday and headed out since we were already up there. With the mob over by little charity, but all we pulled were tons of BIG cats and a sheephead and just a couple of walleye in our 3 hour stint up there before heading for home.

So after yesterdays poor outing we moved back closer to home to fish today looking for some redemption. Set up around 9:30 am near the end of the channel. Didnt have all the lines in and we were putting fish in the box. Had a mix of legal and sub legal fish. But as the day wore on the fish size increased and the sub legals seemed to disappear. At 12:45 pm we had our 4 man limit. Tossed some fish back so we could keep fishing and in the next 45 minutes we boated another 9 legal fish. Kept our 20 and headed in. Water was perfect today, bugs werent too bad, heat wasnt scorching, good company...couldnt ask for much more.

Once we got home, we broke out the propane burner and put some fish in the grease. Added some seasoned steak fries and macaroni salad to complete the feast. What a great way to end the day. Ill get some pics up when i get them loaded on the computer. No bikinis like in Dustins post...Sorry.

What worked

Speed 1.5 SOG

32# Blood Run Copper in 25',40', 55' segments

1 oz. Inlines 30-45' back

3 oz. BB fished right on bottom

Chart beads with either BPS #3 Indiana blades in Lime Chartruese, #5 DB fishing silver blades with chart and green egde with an orange cut throat, or #5 Tommy Harris, Antifreeze blades.

Red bead strings with Silver streak #5 Lady Bug blades were also hopping.

Took a few on purple beads with #5 DB Grape Ape blades as well.

A couple big cats from yesterday

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

The 4th's Catch

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

Great job Adam! Looks like some nice fish and good eats:D We just couldn't find them, but stay too far north I think yesterday. The bugs I thought were nuts where we were. We never crossed to eastside of channel at all, or got closer than a mile from bouy 2.

Nice job Bomber! I assume you were running spinners behind the CU also? I haven't even broke out the lead this year, and am thinking of putting together some CU for next year. Keep kicking @$$ and taking names:thumb:

Nice work on the fish, Adam. The bay gave up a TON of fish over the holiday weekend. I'd say 99% of the boats I talked to had their limit. We were one of the 1% who didn't, we stopped at 17 because the 2 kids we had on board had enough of the heat. What a great fishery we have.