Muskegon Reports 10 Sept ???

What did everyone catch their fish on? I fished with Caznik, so I will let Rich give the report.

btw....Rich likes to yell "Fish On!" even though there is not one, just to see how fast we jump. You should have seen how fast he moved when I said we had a big brown on behind the boat. Talk about dropping everything in your hands and grabbing the net :smileeek: MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! You would think that fish was worth an extra 20 points or something....sheesh!

Well I could make up anything, since no one saw our catch. . . However, eventhough I'm a fisherman, I do have morals(~: We had 3 kings - ~12#, 7 - 8#, and 5 - 6#. We did not weigh them until ~3:00 p.m after the tow, the ride to Snug Harbor to P/U the boat, lunch and a cold & wet ride back to Holland.:cray:

Alex

we ended up 10 for 16 8 kings /1 coho /and a stealhead we where in 110 to 135 fow going n.w. and s.e. the speed going south was aroud 2.2 and the speed going north was 3.3 to 3.6 we had 4 rigger set at 50/60 /70 and 80 with no sliders and 2 wire divers set at 240 and 250 on 2.5 1 wire had a meat rig this took 2 kings and the other with a white glow crush spinny and a green glow horse fly this took 1 steealhead and a king and 2 misses

also a green dolphin silver steak with a glow back down 80 this took 4 kings and 1 lost a dr death dream weaver at 60 took a coho and a bluw dolphin stinger down 70 that took 1 kings and 3 lost fish

WHAT A BLAST

We went 3/7 or 8. All fish came between 100-130 ft. Moonshine Moonshine 55 down on a rigger was a big producer for us. Green speckled Silver Horde 45 down on a rigger also took fish. We ended up moving inside around 9 am and never got another hit. We were having problems controlling the boat in the waves with only 2 guys. Really could have used a 3rd. Lost 1 fish when the swivel seperated at the bearing:( . Felt like a good one too. Also lost another fish when it got into the full core. Lost one off a dipsey with a glow frog because we both had fish on. Big fish (17 lbs., not the 20 I estimated) took out our whole spread. Hit on the rigger than tangled into the dipsey and half core on the same side. Later crossed the boat and tangled in the full core. Fought it for 30 minutes and had to finish bringing it in by hand. But put it in the boat. The half core is out of commission though. After that was when we headed in. Had a great time.

Set lines in about 60 or so and headed west. Worked out to just about 90 a little before daybreak ... without a bump or marking much. Heard Caz and SarahC each into a fish or two in around 50 .... so I swung around, but I shoulda kept going west.:( Must have been about the same time they started heading west.

Finally was able to connect with our only fish of the day, about 9:00, on a 7 color with one of those high dollar ladder back lite up J-plugs.

Well on Saturday night I met up with Mister Ed to pre fish the tournament for Sunday. We had a very strong east wind and the water temp was 70 deg and started from the top and went all the way down to the bottom. We didn't catch any fish at all that night and now didn't think Sunday was going to be hot at all.

Sunday's West Michigan Event,

Met up with GLF and Waterfoul to fish the last tournament of the year. The presure was on for the points lead while Team Caznik was in third place and trying to at least beat out Sixshooter and Dirty Dog. We took off from the docks around 4:30am and started fishing at 5am. We set up lines and the we heard a rip off one of the full cores with a green scally j- plug, but then it sounded like it was gone. Then around 20 minutes later we decided to pull the full core because it just didn't look right at all. Yep, there was a king on. We took our first fish at 60' of water and fish more in the same foot of water for 45 minutes more. Then I decided to go east and go deep to see what was there. Well soons it got day light and we was in 120- 140 foot of water we started then taking hits from fish. One fish came from 80 foot down on the riggers on a glow frog spoon. Then the other fish came down 90 foot on the riggers on the SWR rod with a green scally j-plug. Also more fish went on the full core rods to on all j- plugs. Fishing was very fun with GLF and waterfoul. But let me tell you something, when you yell FISH ON. Both these guys would just jump out of there chairs when I was just joking. Man I bet I said it about ten times and they would jump for a rod.:lol: I even remember one time I was just talking and I just happen to say fish and not even being a smart ass about it. Water foul jumps out of his chair thinking there was a fish on that time to.:grin: Well after it became 11am I thought maybe we had a chance to win the point lead this year with 4 kings and that nice brown. But we was short and took 2nd place. That was my best finish after three years doing this.

Well good luck fishing the rest of the year. My plans are to put the boat away and get ready to process deer and go hunting with my daughter.

Caznik

Well on Saturday night I met up with Mister Ed to pre fish the tournament for Sunday. We had a very strong east wind and the water temp was 70 deg and started from the top and went all the way down to the bottom. We didn't catch any fish at all that night and now didn't think Sunday was going to be hot at all.

Sunday's West Michigan Event,

Met up with GLF and Waterfoul to fish the last tournament of the year. The presure was on for the points lead while Team Caznik was in third place and trying to at least beat out Sixshooter and Dirty Dog. We took off from the docks around 4:30am and started fishing at 5am. We set up lines and the we heard a rip off one of the full cores with a green scally j- plug, but then it sounded like it was gone. Then around 20 minutes later we decided to pull the full core because it just didn't look right at all. Yep, there was a king on. We took our first fish at 60' of water and fish more in the same foot of water for 45 minutes more. Then I decided to go east and go deep to see what was there. Well soons it got day light and we was in 120- 140 foot of water we started then taking hits from fish. One fish came from 80 foot down on the riggers on a glow frog spoon. Then the other fish came down 90 foot on the riggers on the SWR rod with a green scally j-plug. Also more fish went on the full core rods to on all j- plugs. Fishing was very fun with GLF and waterfoul. But let me tell you something, when you yell FISH ON. Both these guys would just jump out of there chairs when I was just joking. Man I bet I said it about ten times and they would jump for a rod.:lol: I even remember one time I was just talking and I just happen to say fish and not even being a smart ass about it. Water foul jumps out of his chair thinking there was a fish on that time to.:grin: Well after it became 11am I thought maybe we had a chance to win the point lead this year with 4 kings and that nice brown. But we was short and took 2nd place. That was my best finish after three years doing this.

Well good luck fishing the rest of the year. My plans are to put the boat away and get ready to process deer and go hunting with my daughter.

Caznik

Then I decided to go east and go deep to see what was there.

Great story Cazz but i had to catch the go east and deep part so i was confused LOL

Glad you guys had a great weekend Hope your hunting season goes as well guys

Great story Cazz but i had to catch the go east and deep part so i was confused LOL

I don't know what I was thinking about. LOL:no:

Take it easy on Rich, he has never figured out how to read a compass.

:lol::lol: