South Haven Fire Works

EH! looks too late but for future reference.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Phoenix+Rd&daddr=42.40969,-86.25896+to:42.4078134,-86.271987+to:E+Wells+St&hl=en&ll=42.406854,-86.264455&spn=0.01155,0.019097&sll=42.408756,-86.269197&sspn=0.005775,0.009549&geocode=FfsGhwIdOtjb-g%3BFdoehwId8Mrb-imRp2n4qqwQiDGjecO92xM10g%3BFYUXhwIdDZjb-injnrDopqwQiDGIyTRXFlllww%3BFSYehwId-Jrb-g&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=17&via=1,2&t=h&z=16

The cost is $7 and its the only option(Robbery we know). Anyone know the story of the other ramp that is closed? I would think if they made it less steep and charged $5 or something reasonable for a season pass we would leave the public launch in mass exodus. Anyways I digress...

If you don't take the route I highlighted and go through town you will be possible stuck in traffic. Especially on busy weekends. The bridge lifts on the top and bottom of the hour and you can get stuck(Especially, the few times of year you win the lotto and it gets stuck up). The way I highlighted there is barely anyone on the road once you turn onto blue star highway. Its a lot safer/quicker when pulling a trailer. It also takes you past the only bait shop in town.

Did anyone who launches go see the fireworks from a boat this year in south haven? I am curious on how long it took to get back in. I stayed on land in south haven. I did drive last night the boat from South Haven to Saint Joseph to fish/see their fireworks. Fearing their traffic/boat launch nightmare after it is over. I would highly recommend this option in the future. I think If I go to south haven fireworks in the future I might launch from Saugatuck or Saint Joseph.

Looks like there wasn't any issues when I came in after the fireworks and went to the slip. I've seen it more crowded on a Sunday afternoon at the ramp. We went out and came in after the majority and had 0 issues. It was a great event.

There were some CRAZIES in South Haven but there always are. It is one big party but it is fun. We watched them from a private beach on one of the south bluffs and it was beautiful!

EDIT Here is a picture I took with the phone from Sunday night.

IMAG0204.jpg

Edited by SPOONWASHER
Added Picture