Harbor Beach questions

Been a long time since we've been up to Harbor Beach fishing and usually when we went before, we targeted walleye. Taking out some friends this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts for starting locations. This is these guy's first time out there fishing for trout/salmon and really don't want to get skunked if we can help it. Do you guys that fish up there recommend north or south of the harbor? I don't want exact GPS locations of your exact honey holes, just a little advice to get these guys some fish.

yeah go 4.5 miles out of the north gap at 30 to 40 degree heading, troll north from there. cant go wrong, trout will be on the bottom and silver fish will be suspended, 3 to 10 colors of lead using smaller spoons or 150 to 300 ft of copper.

I second that, depending on the time of year we start anywhere from 70 to 100 fow and just start trolling north. Small Prokings have been the best lures over the past few years for us for both walleye and steelhead.

that's kinda what I figured but wanted a little more input. Thanks guys for the advice! Hopefully we can get my friends on some fish. They've never been big water fishing before. One big king and they're going to be hooked!!!