South Haven 6-26 Steel

I was woke up this morning from a fellow member in need of a special delivery on the water. They were dehydrated, also needed ice and did not want to leave the fish. So with no twist of the arm I woke the wife and kids up and headed to the lake. Met up with the Nee-Hi in 120ft and made the exchange, wished them luck and veered off to set some lines. Picked up a few fish, threw some lures overboard and hooked up with a nice steelhead. After unclipping the board my 4 year old son Evan finished the fish off. We brought it into the Porthole and weighed in @ 15.6lbs taking first so far on the leader board for big steelhead for the year. Word from Adam says he has seen alot of big steelhead coming in, so get out there and get you some.

What worked: Silver Streak lemon Berry,Silver Streak SOG, Mini Mixed Veggie, U-M Froggie and Purple Froggie. Stinger NBK, Stinger Copper spoon with blue and green took the Steelhead.

june_24_15.6lb.jpg

nee-hi_june_26.jpg

Congrats on the nice Steelie Andy! I love the picture, worth more than the fish. I love catching Steel, my favorite species on the pond. Thanks for the post, info and I'm sure you'll remember that trip forever.

Dan

The last guy that owned the Eliminator never caught a Steelhead that big - great job - sorry Shawn

Eliminator is mine but Andy brought us some beer and ice and grabbed that pic of me. We managed a 12.5# but Andy embarrassed me with his PIG Steelie like usual.:grin:

Eliminator is mine but Andy brought us some beer and ice and grabbed that pic of me. We managed a 12.5# but Andy embarrassed me with his PIG Steelie like usual.:grin:

Still nice catch and a great steelhead for Andy. Speaking of beers - I have had a couple onboard the Eliminator

Beautiful fish Andy. And love those smiles.:D

Things are still very slow on the north shore. Was at Fairport last weekend and had a nice fish on a 10 color and Moonshine Sarge, that was breaking water immediately. No doubt a nice steelie that seemed as big as yours. Were we surprised when we boated the fish, a 14# king:confused: I haven't had one do that before.

Anyway, thanks again Andy. That's a trophy!