Big timin on the bar

Wow today was fast and furious and big waves. We dropped lines at 10 this mornin and was back to shore at 5 with 25 in the box. We caught over 40 walleye total but almost 20 throw backs again. We were on the bar ranging in depths from 9 to 15 fow. The best action and bigger fish came in 10 to 11 fow right up on the bar. ALL the fish were caught trolling firetiger crawler harnesses, dragging the bottom, speed was 1.6 to 2.0. We were straight out and south of the sebewaing river.

It was definatley a blast, the 3 to 5 foot rollers kinda sucked but it was worth it, there were prolly 50 or so boats to the southeast of us. Alot of talk about people picking up fish on hot n tots but not that many, i just stick with what works, if its not broke dont fix it.

Geat job:) Thanks for report. Sounds like some others are getting them over there real good also. Saw a 7 man limit on another site in same area. Hope the weather stays cooler this summer and fishing stays good thru July.

Ya theres alot of locals here that are just puttin the hammer down on the fish as always, we locals love our walleye, ive been fishing the bay for over 15 years in the same spots. This year ive noticed alot of new comers to the bay, which is a great thing. Ive talked to a number of guys whos first time on saginaw bay with limits of fish. Ive seen the number of boats fishing in my area more than triple in the last three years, which is a great thing cause the number of walleye has increased alot. I dont give the dnr credit for doing much of any thing in this state but they did a great job planting the walleye in the bay. Theres plenty of fish for everyone out there.