Jigging for lake trout

Headed up to Lake Superior this July the second time since moving downstate. I am in need of some large jig heads (round) in 2-6 oz sizes without hair. Can't seem to find em anywhere in lower Michigan. Does anyone here pour these or know where to buy? I would like between 40-50 total and no need to be painted but if they are they must be white or yellow no odd colors. Let me know thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been planning to start jigging in Lake Michigan and have researched and bookmarked what I think are the most hopeful options. Here's what I've got in my Favorites list...although I have yet to fish with any of them. Back in Wyoming it seems only the old-timers troll anymore...everyone else jigs. In some lakes where depth goes from 350ft to 80 feet in a matter of a few yards, trolling can be very dangerous if you don't know exactly where you're at.

Zzinger (and BuzzBomb)

ProTroll E-Jig

Gapen Flicker

Crippled Herring

Exude Cigar Minnow

Good luck...please report what works for you.

Also some Michigan fisherman making "Jonah Jigs" somewhere up north, maybe Frankfurt I think. I rarely get up there so haven't looked for them...but I had a note to self that they were carried at:

Big Bob's in Frankfort, Riley's in Manistee, and Capt Chucks in Ludington

Supposedly a great jig and getting used by a lot of guys.