glow baits

Iv had it where there is to much glow, moonshines make a really really great and bright spoon, some days the really brightness can turn them off, so i mixed stinger some streaks some moonshines in a spread. I usually have one bright spoon and most that are dimmer.

I like to fish a mix of glow and non glow and give em what they want. And i definitely agree, too much glow can be a bad thing. Anything super glow i have gets charged at the dock when i leave and is good for the morning.

I have had days in rough stained water where the more it glowed the more it would go. In milder conditions it always seemed like the mild glows worked better.

On a clear day driving into a sunset or sunrise has you turning your head, cringing, and pulling down the visor. Too much of a good thing in these conditions. On the other hand a cloudy day and it's no big deal. Conditions change and too say mild is always best just isn't so. Find out what they want and give em lots of it.

I had one day where I limited quickly with super glow cannon balls with super glowed Js running 10 ft behind them. Five out of 6 fish came on the two deepest riggers set @ 60. Gotta Luv the predawn action.

Has anyone ever had a situation where the fish had a strong preferance for non glowing baits even in the dark.

On those early mornings before light with little moon, I've had really good luck running a magnum Silver Streak Black Screwball (without charging the center glow section) running off of a fireline dipsey back about 100' on a 1 1/2 setting on the same side as a glow flasher/fly combo on the rigger back 15' down about 25'. Seems to work well in combination with the spoon taking about 70% of the hits on that side.

I have also done extremely well before light with uncharged green splatterback Ace-Hi's off of the riggers. Very faint glow.

Have popped my share of fish on white fishcatchers and seaweed flies at night also.

The one constant I've noticed is a preference most mornings for a very, very faint glow. At dusk into dark my experience seems to favor the brightest thing I can get in the water. Go figure.