Fishing is a little tough in manistee this last weekend.

Fished friday night to get a game plan for the next mornings trip, started in the harbor and fished there for a hr with out getting a hit. Called it a night and got ready for the mornings trip.

We had the game plan to head south to big pt along with the rest of the fleet. Started of with a nice bang, rigger down 60 with black paddle with oceana fly went twice, high slide with stinger extended glow wonderbread went and the full core with stinger caramel dolphin. Then we got a few more bits on core and copper. Then it went dead, ended the day going 8for8. Fished sunday with capt tom of sue lee, set up 13s started of nicely with 5 color yellow killer going, then 150 copper with bloody nose went 2 times, 80 down on a rigger with black paddle went once and then high diver with chilly willy went back 130. Ended the day 3for5. Didnt have a bite after 7:36. Ran up north monday set up 24s hit a trout on high diver back 140 with wonderbread took a trout. That was hit, it was hard to get a bit, when Us, fire plug and riverside come in with 4 fish between 3 boats you know its slow. Sorry for the late report really busy with trips about everyday.

We may need them, but be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it. Personally, i could do with it if we get them in moderation, but we dont need hot water pushing the cold down deep like we've had in the recent past. It gets old running riggers down 160 and running dipseys 250' back on wire or running ungodly lengths of copper or lead core.

I like getting them on riggers in the top 100' , 150 back on dipseys and on 3-5 colors of lead or short segments of copper...can i get an amen!!!