Leadcore Leader Length

The first few lead core and copper rigs I got had 100'+ leaders and the fish didn't like it. Did some reading on these web sites and shortened my leads down to 50' and the action has been better. Like said before when they get down to 10-15' I retie, I might even shorten up even more than 50'. Hope that helps.

20-30' of 25-30lb mono. You'll want to avoid fluoro and braid for leaders for your core/copper rigs IMO. You want to have something that will give/stretch a little bit for the ferocious king strikes. Also remember that fluoro sinks, mono floats...each one will give you a different presentation as well.:thumb:

30 ft of 25# berkley big game. Tried fluoro carbon and it was too brittle and lacked stretch. Tore off fish when newbies cranked the drag down. Everybody thinks they are bass fishing the first time u take them out on the pond.

I started with 50 feet then after tangel and a break 0ff i was down to 25 feet and i got alot more bites, I thought I was just in the right spot at the right but I contuinued having better luck so I switched my other leadcore rod lead down to 25feet and it started really producing. I use alot of large spoons and im thinking the shorter lead keeps it from rising and in the depth I want, but I cant prove that.Could just be it helps the action. But Id reccomend 25 to 30 feet to start with.