Grand River at Grand Rapids

Good numbers of chinook and coho in the 10 to 15 pound range have been caught right at the Sixth Street Dam. They are hitting on a variety of baits including spawn sacks, Cleo's, rapalas, and stickbaits. While steelhead have been caught, brown trout should be moving into the river in the in the next couple of weeks. The walleye are going strong up near the dam with fish measuring 20+ inches. Good northern pike and bass fishing near Millennium Park.

These reports always make it sound like its the peak of the run, I would never go by these reports. The water is p!ss warm and there are not that many fish down there, even less that are biting. Either someone is trying to gain business, or the person that gives these reports should have their head examined.

That's not necessarily true. The wife of one of my friends works for the DNR. Her office is in charge of writing and issuing the reports(sometimes that's her voice when you call for the report). According to her they receive the information for their reports from baitshops around the state. That is why they are not always the most accurate.

Okay, that is a good thing to know for the rivers and stuff. That's why there is always added information for businesses :). I was referring more to the Big Lake reports are done by the DNR creel census employees. Whatever they see, count, and are told, at each port, is what is included in the report.