Sebewaing 6-18

Well I finally got to see the water for the first time sine our house fire in april. We left Sebe. About 6am and were back in by 10 as it started to get rough. We ended up keeping 8 and throwing back 11 12''er's. We started with meat and had to switch to hot n tots and Thundersticks to try to get some keepers. After the switch it was non stop for an hour and all keepers. We started in the slot and then moved over the bar to 14' of water were the keepers were. Every thing inside was 12''.

Both cranks in blue/silver

H-n-T in gold ladder back

And both in fire tiger

H-N-T's had 60' leads

T sticks had 80' leads

thanks for the info, i too was out today except out of linwood, flat as glass around 6:30 but by the time we headed in at 2 they were solid 4ftrs with some bigger rollers!!:eek: fished straight out of linwood started in 14 ft then moved north and east into 18, nothin so out to 1 buoy and finnally got some action , 1 keeper ALOT of dinks 1oz 25 to 45 ft back only colors eaten were green and pink, (not chartruess, just to be specific) all on meat. the onlything we didnt try was spoons or cranks ):confused: should of thought of that, 1.4 ish was the speed if we could hold it close to that water wasnt terribly stained 6-8 foot vis or close to that, surface temp was 70 in close and 68 out at #1 well thats all i can share wish the waves werent so bad otherwise probly could of found some feesh , good luck stay safe!!

I believe I saw you guys heading back in @ Sebewaing. If so you picked a good time to go in as it got a lot rougher. We stayed in the slot and managed 6. We ran cranks and spoons, fish were up in the water column. Another day that didn't quite match the forecast.

Yeah once that wind started to build out of the north I figured it was time to bring the old man and the kid back in. To bad I didn't get the pattern a little sooner. All in all it was a good day.

( turfwrench) What do you use to run your spoons I use mini disc but have had very limited action.

Most of the times I run the spoons off a 3 way swivel. Diving crankbait on a short lead (1-2' long) and the spoon on a bit longer lead (3-4' long) so it follows behind the crank. I have had success with the hot pink mini disk but use the stinger size spoons, they seem to be better than the 2" walleye spoons off the disk. I also will run spoons with inline weights. But by far the 3 way rig catches more. I usually run 2.5 sog and up, just can't stand creeping pulling harnesses.