Plugs other than j-plugs.

Last year was my first year running the Dreamweaver plugs. I did quite well on them in the fall. I am not much of a plug fisherman so if i can get them to work, they must be good! I am looking forward to trying their captains plugs. Similar style to the Ace-Hi plugs.

I think what you will find is that people catch fish on plugs (no matter what style/make) at certain times of the year. What I have heard from people is they like the ace-hi because it is easy to use. you don't have to mess around with the hooks like standard plugs. They also have a different action, but I think it's more the messing around that peopel don't like.

As for me, I have a TON of J-plugs. Size 2, 3, 4 and some big boys 5's. I think I have 4 or 5 boxes of them. Funny though, I probably only use about a half dozen.

SILVER HORDE Pearl Glow Black ladder back, Ace Hi Green Splatter Back, J plugs Wonderbread glow and Chrome red head Chrome With Kelly Green Glow back work well I always have at least one plug on a rigger this time of year usually 75 to 90 down depending on water temp.

Silver Horde is by far the most productive for me, second is the original J Plugs. Dream weaver originals and mooshines have not produced well for me at all. I have not tried the new Dream weaver copy of the ace high, so i cant comment on it. Tough to go to them when the ace highs work so well.

• 3 weeks later...