How do I rig a slide diver?

hey guy

dont look like you,ve had alot of help besides the website. which does pretty much cover it all. then it helps if you have the instructions. i dont know if you got the old slide diver or the newer lite bite slide diver, which i use myself. because of the lite bite feature. you can adjust the tension on the front tight enough where you dont get so many false releases in rough water, then you adjust the lite bite arm tight for salmon or very loose if your getting alot of small fish. walleye fishing on erie we get tons of small fish, white perch, white bass, yellow perch, sh$t heads, oops i mean sheep head, and small eyes. but the diving part of them are pretty much just like dipsy,s. but you can use a very long lead if you want with the slide diver. i think the walker deeper divers are much better than the dipsy,s. but unless your using a long lead the regular slide diver isnt as good as the deeper diver. now that being said the lite bite slide diver makes the others out of date in my opinion. i still just use it like a regular dipsy. i tie my braid to the front arm on the diver. then i tie a short piece of line to a split ring, then lace it through the back line guide, then over the lite bite trigger arm, be sure to put the short piece of tubing over the end of the lite bite arm to keep your line from jumping out of the arm, then tie that to a rubber snubber, then tie about a 6 to 8 ft leader to the snubber, then tie on a good swivel, and then my lure. there may be times that a longer lead may catch more fish. but i like to use the diver as an attractor. so i dont have to mess with all that rubber tubing and stuff on the front. but you can get a set of rings 1 small and 1 large and a weight set with a 2 oz and a 4 oz for the lite bite divers. i just use the small ring and weight that came in it. then went to 50 ft of water. with 65 lb braid at 2 mph and on 4 setting(the settings are for left and right only) on my front rod then let out line until i started bumping bottom. it took 185 ft out to hit bottom with my set up. that came out to 2.7 ft down for each 10 ft of line out. so i just use the outside or front rod to set up my diver spread. so if i want to run 55 ft down i just let out 200 fol. that gives me 54 ft down. then i just stager them. i will put 3 setting out 180 ft next, then 2 setting 160 ft back in the back. then if you have to put 1 of the front rigs back out. just go to the other side of the boat, put the diver as far over as you can without getting in the other lines, start letting it out, when you have about 10 more ft to go before you have it all the way back out, just lightly lay your thumb on the spool, take it up and over the back rod or rods and put it in the holder and put it in gear, check your footage and make sure its where you want it. adjust as needed, this way i run 6 divers. you should use atleast 50 lb braid for diver fishing. the braid just works better for tripping the diver from the boat. and it lasts for years where mono needs changed atleast once every spring. im using the same braid i got about 12 yrs ago. the divers have a depth chart but remember its just a guide and not perfect. all line counter reel will differ according to the brand of reel and the amount of line spooled on them. one thing that helps is to fill the reel pretty full. and put the same amount of line on each reel. so if someone comes over the radio and says 3 setting 180 back, and you copy that you could be off by 20 ft out in actual line out, which could change your depth by 5 to 10 ft down. so its just a starting point. if your not catching anything try letting 1 side out alittle and bring the other side in alittle. also if you use the big ring and or the 4 oz weight your chart is useless. they will get very deep with the big ring and 4 oz weight. if your going to be fishing deep and more than 1 rod per side then i suggest you go out and get your own depth chart the way i did it. you could use 50 fow or 100 fow if your going deep. then let out line until you bump bottom. then see how many ft down you get for each 10 ft out. just do this on the highest setting your going to be using. and remember to put it in the front then use 20 ft less for each of your other rods. you can get package deals with divers rings and weights at slidediver.com. and there is another site where you can get these in metallic colors, if you want to use them as attractors like i do. i believe its allseasonssports.com i sure hope this helps. this is a huge post but i tried as best as i could to help. i guess i should have pm you. but this might help someone elce. good luck with your divers whatever you end up using. you are welcome to pm me if you have any questions. also you might try catching a ride with somebody that uses the slide divers. there is just nothing like going to school. i went out on a charter a couple of times, and learned how to use 6 dipsy,s. then i switched to the deeper divers, then to the lite bite slide divers, and have never even looked back. NOW GO SPEND ALOT OF MONEY AND CATCH A FEW LITTLE FISH.LOL. and if anybody has better info or something i missed please chime in. and please let us know if this helped, and what you decide to do.

sherman

sherman, thanks that was a lot of writing. I have the old style. Is the directions on their website for the lite bite the same as the old style?

as far as i know they work the same except just the lite bite arm. i,ve never used the old ones, but i have looked at them.

sherman