Made it out for a trip after work today. I think we passed the pier heads at around 5:30 and ran out to 75fow heading straight west. I just set the last rod when I walked up to the front of the boat, turned around and the port rigger had released. Laker 68 down on a flounder pounder. Turned it NW after that and hit a nice king on a Warrior yellow and orange holo dolphin spoon (similar to a miami dolphin) on a rigger parked at 50. Putting that rigger back and the half core with a Craigs Christmas goes. That came unbuttoned and no sooner did a dipsy start RIPPING. Nice screamer for all of 3 seconds before it went dead. Then it got quiet for awhile. Ended up picking up 2 more kings on the Warrior spoon off a rigger 60 down and 66 down. These fish came on a south troll. SOG for the NW troll was 2.8 and 3.2 for the south troll. Picked stuff up at about 8:15 and figured we would clean fish in the light. Wrong, the launch that cost 7$ had locked up the cleaning station and bathrooms before 9pm. :mad:

Ended 4 for 6, best depth was in the 90s.

Heres a picture of the spoon that did most of the work.

IMAG0167.jpg

Nice job Justin. Classic South Haven launch fiasco. We cleaned em on the tailgate there Thurs night. There annual pass fiasco has been a joke this year too. I think they just finally got it fixed, yeah its mid June.:rolleyes: Glad ya guys got some fishies:grin:

They closed the fish cleaning station at 5:30 pm on us a few weeks ago.

I was told by the guys at the gate that they will close it at 3:30 pm if they go home for the day. They said that it was because the DNR put in a new freezer. I called the city of South Haven and suggested that they tell the DNR to chain down their freezer or put a combination lock on the gate and give the lock number to the fishermen using the boat launch late.

I was told someone from the city who was responsible for the baot launch was going to call me back. I never hear from them.

I suggest more fishermen call to complain. They use to leave it open for us if we did not get in until 10:00 or 11:00 pm.

For $7 a launch they need to figure out some way to leave it accessible to us. Maybe just start cleaning them and leaving remains in front of their hut.:eek: I always thought the expensive launch should include the use of the cleaning station. The unpredictability irritates me!:butcher:

Nice Job. Just an FYI the are locking the fish cleaning shed up when the gate is not manned because someone took the DNR freezer for the 2nd time and they just put a brand new freezer in so they are locking it so they don't loose another one.

From what i recall the freezer last year was shot(bad seal) so i cant imagine anyone stealing it. No one at 4pm yesterday on a flat sunny day. If no one is manning the gate/ cleaning station then i say no pay. :angry2: Maybe i need to start a personal sound off thread:p

For $7 a launch they need to figure out some way to leave it accessible to us. Maybe just start cleaning them and leaving remains in front of their hut.:eek: I always thought the expensive launch should include the use of the cleaning station. The unpredictability irritates me!:butcher:

It is possible to pull one of the boards under the fence, clean your fish, wash off the board with bottled water and dump the fish guts over the fence into the trash can - or so I have heard. I think I also saw some guys one night cleaning their fish on one of the picnic tables down by the river. I believe that they cleand off the table with buckets of water out of the river and that they dumped their fish guts in the dumpster. It was sure stinky a couple of days later.

I'm just saying......