Starcraft Islander Kicker Motor

Just wondering if anyone has a 22' Islander I/O that could give me any suggestions for installing a kicker motor. Mine is a 1995 221V and have been thinking about it for awhile but would like to see one rigged and get a idea of the pros and cons, kicker size, mounting plate options etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just added a kicker to my '95 Islander 191. If the budget would have allowed it would have been a Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust and an Adventure Marine fixed mount. I like the fixed vs the adjustable mounts - just seem stronger.

What I installed is a '06 Johnson 9.9 4 stroke, Panther lift on a custom made rigid mount (a local shop made it out of 1/4" aluminum plate for about $200) and a TrollMaster Pro. Trolls at any speed I want and will push the boat just shy of 5 mph on flat calm water. Its not a high thrust - just the normal 3 blade prop. Steering is connected to the outdrive using EZ-Steer connector. I still have some kinks to work out but it should do the trick for me.

• 8 months later...

I have a 94 221 starcraft islander , i just purchased the panther marine model 35 power tilt and trim bracket, and a 9.9 long shaft four stroke merc i will send pics when it gets installed, i am debating on mounting it myself, or having a dealer doing the install

• 5 weeks later...