leadcore speed

2.6-2.8 sog on gps, sometimes faster and sometimes slower if you notice a current, into current go slower, and with current go faster. if ya hit a fish take note of speed at that direction and run that speed for a while.

ok ty for the help i am still novice and have done alot of reading on leadcore but friday will be the first attempt i am starting with two 10 colors but i am sure one will be shorter when i am done learning

I tend to go by downrigger hum, blowback and how hard my divers are pulling. My personal feeling when running an all flasher spread is if I get downrigger hum I'm going just a tad too fast, but a spoon or mixed spread I want the hum.

2.6-2.8 sog on gps, sometimes faster and sometimes slower if you notice a current, into current go slower, and with current go faster. if ya hit a fish take note of speed at that direction and run that speed for a while.

Yes that ^^^

Watch for the bubbles on the downrigger cable.

If your bubbles are about an inch before they peal away from the cable, or you can hear them "singing", you've got it.

however, sometimes the wind plays with the singing part.

Worst case, go buy a darn fish hawk. But that is expensive. But works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a depth raider your most productive speed is 1.8. The only time to go any faster is if you are steelhead fishing. Sure you will catch fish faster but not nearly as many or as big. If you keep your speed right their everyday, thats one variable you will never have to think about. When I had a subtroll it was 1 3/4mph.

Over the course of many decades, we've found flasher/fly combos. to work best at slower trolling speeds, 1.4-1.8 is my desirable speed. To do otherwise spins the flasher too fast and twists the line of the reel and fly into tangles more often than not. Naturally, fish hawks and currents also help adjust for errors in speed.

i disagree somewhat with the previous posts, somewhat.....I generally troll fast, like 2.4-2.8 on my depth raider and i consider myself more of a flasher fly guy than spoon guy. I feel it is more important to find a program that works for you and your boat and perfect it.

I will have to adjust slower and see if that helps my program, I have been running at 2.0 -2.2

seems like you have been doing quite well. I would be careful changing too much when things are working for you and your boat. Sometimes people lose their mojo chasing what others are doing and end up really frustrated and confused. Its happened to me before on tough days.

I have some good friends/captains that are excellent fisherman but we fish totally different. What i do won't really work for them and vise versa.

seems like you have been doing quite well. I would be careful changing too much when things are working for you and your boat. Sometimes people lose their mojo chasing what others are doing and end up really frustrated and confused. Its happened to me before on tough days.

I have some good friends/captains that are excellent fisherman but we fish totally different. What i do won't really work for them and vise versa.

very true