Got out last night fished from 6-9 and only went 1 for 1. It was a nasty night for fishing. We sat down in 85 FOW and by the time I got the kicker motor going we had over 100 flies on the boat "UNBELIEVABLE!" They were everywhere. Never seen anything like it so fast and there was a pretty good breeze coming out of the SE. Turned off the kicker and kicked up the speed on the bigger motor to get rid of some of the flies. We managed to get rid of some of them and sat back down and they were on us again. We said lines and fought the flies for over 2 hours and no hits. The water temp went way down. It was 43 degrees 25 feet down, surface was about 54. Fish had moved. We went from 85 - 160 same story and same flies. Finally about 8:30 they started to leave. We did finally get a nice king as we were pulling lines a 1/2 core with a moonshine little bruiser. I think the wind changed directions a couple of times while we were out there and the waves were coming from all directions. The king ended up being about 12-14 pounds. Did I say I hate FLIES!

I was at the Outdoorsman in Jenison last night and he was saying that the fishing was horrible Monday and last night. Hopefully it improves for this weekend. As far as the flies, I had problems with them a couple of evening trips this year. Someone said to spray the floor/inside of the boat down with a 50/50 bleach mixture and it keeps them away, but I haven't tried it yet.

Were they those nasty ankle biters, or those small fly in your eyes, ears, and mouth flies?

And I thought Whitehall was suppose to be a hot area for the FEESH, I'm glad about not being able to Feesh right now...but I'm getting the boat ready, got the Rod Holders installed..

Robert, the fishing from Whitehall is good July through August. Try the area South of there, in front of Duck Lake.

We were out of Muskegon on the eve of the 14th and you were right about the flies. Our boat was filled with them!!! Luckily they were not biting. We went 2 for 2 with a lake trout and a king around 110fow straight out