sebewaing free tournament 6/17

Sebewaing is having a free walleye tournament on friday june 17. It starts at 8 and weigh in is at 230. There is no pre registration, just be at the sebewaing marina at 7 for registration, its even free to launch for the day. First through fifth get a trophy and their pics in the paper, and bragging rights should be a blast.

Luke... It's McGory... Are yo fishing in it?? I know that I am... I have a little disadvantage though... I launch out of Bayshore and that cuts drive time out with the 18 or so miles on botht he start and end...

I am hoping to hit em hard though... Didn't get out last weekend due to the weather and wind... cold and breesy... Your a local... Are the fish moving further north now?? Or are they still south towar Q-see??

Was out last weekend for an outing from another site. We did decent on Sunday in the wind. Straight out of Sebewaing river to up on bar, turned and set up with waves and stayed around 1.5 mph with 1 o.z. inlines 25' back. Trolled towards fish point and all fish came over slot (12' to 16'). 8 of our 9 fish were caught by 8:45 a.m. on first pass, only 1 after that on second pass up till 11:00. Had to be in before noon. All on hanesses, 2 on spoon harness. Good luck....Ralph

sebewaing_catch.jpg

Ralph...THanks for the info... Appreciate it... Probably gonna do the same thing and then maybe shoot out to the Sparkplug and try out there to see whats on the other side of the bar...

Any specific color seeming to work?? I have been getting good fish on rainbow harnesses...but the usual gold, pink, and blue always seem good too...

Ralph...THanks for the info... Appreciate it... Probably gonna do the same thing and then maybe shoot out to the Sparkplug and try out there to see whats on the other side of the bar...

Any specific color seeming to work?? I have been getting good fish on rainbow harnesses...but the usual gold, pink, and blue always seem good too...

pink and white was hottest harness, and spoon harness was purple with black dot, and chartruese on backside. I just take the small jr. streaks or stinger spoons and tie a 2 snelled hook rig about 8" long with a snap swivel. then snap it on the split ring of spoon and hang a crawler from it. Works good as top line off a three way swivel w/hot n tot or t-stick jr.(deep diver) on bottom line. This time was just behind inline about 5'.

Is this pat mcgory from rose island. Ya the fish are moving north we went out of buds this morning had lines in the water at 6 and had a 3 man limit by 8 off the tip of lone tree in the slot 17 fow. We just busted 400 walleye on the season, its nice being able to fish all the time. Get at me im in the sebewaing tournament, maybe we can fish together i know where they are, but thats purdy much everywhere rite now. The duck boat is stacking em up.

Sounds like a fun time to be had. Unfortunately some of us do have to work on Friday. A buddy of mine will be up there Sunday and Monday, staying at the campground. I plan on coming up and fishing Sebewaing on Sunday too. Sounds like much better fishing this year than last.