Went out for a few hours with the family last night – only ran a 4-5 rod spread as I was not sure if the kids were going to hang with it with the larger than expected waves. Ended up having a fun night going 4 for 4 with 2 kings, a Steelhead and a Sailboat to round things out:thumb: Fish were good eaters in the 6-8 pound range.

Grabbed 2 fish pretty quickly on an SE troll in 120 – 110 FOW. 1st one came on a rigger down 55 with a Green Glow Frog. Had that one in the net in the boat and the 200 copper with a Superscrew starts going. It’s time for my 7 year old daughter to drive so I can get this fish out of the net and my wife can fight the next one (both did great!). Then it went quiet for awhile while we changed a few lures, changed direction, took naps, etc… Last fish hit a 6 color with a Cold Veggies just as we were getting ready to call it a night. Took the board off and let my 4-year-old son reel that one in as he was now awake. He looked down and said “dad, I’m on my second color, how many more to go?†– apparently he was paying attention:grin:. He got that one all the way to the leader and got a Steelie for his 1st big lake fish.

Headed in after that one and when we got to the channel a sailboat waved us down with a motor that quit and not much wind left right at the entrance. Hooked him up and towed him back to the Marina which the kids thought was pretty fun.

Nice Job out there, and good job helping out another boat in need. When I was heading out last Friday there was a group of fisherman from Saugy pulling a pleasure boat into the Holland boat launch. Anything that will make people think twice before they cut across my leadcore is a good thing.

Nice Job Shane. Your son will always remember his first biggin caught with dad. And your good samaritan example was awesome.:thumb:

I'm hoping to go Friday with my youngest son and my father in law. Thanks for the report.