June 13th, 2011 Pitchen jigs...

dscn0472_edit_2.jpg

Today's short 5 hr. trip was with Rick and Darrell, a couple of great guys from Lower Michigan that I've fished with the past few years. They are up for a week staying with us at Sall-Mar and we finally got a nice day to fish. Over the past few years the weather for our trips has been either very cold, very windy or very rainy! I think one of the days we had all three of those conditions a couple of years ago. I wasn't sure that the fish would still be as active as they have been, especially with sunny skies again. It wasn't too long into the day though and it looked like we were going to do well. It took a while for the guys to get down the proper technique, but once they did the fish kept coming to the boat. We had our limit by 10 a.m., but released a couple of the smaller keepers so we could keep fishing. We headed a little farther south where we picked up some good fish yesterday and caught another 5 fish, releasing a 25 incher and a 27 incher and filling out our limit. My brother said it looks like Darrell is heaving in one of the pictures...no...he's just picking up the crawlers that he dumped! Hey...I couldn't resist Darrell. Thanks for a fun morning on the Bay guys.

Edited by Nailer

Really enjoyed your You-Tube video's! Bringing the family up for a week from the 18th-25th for the first time. Hope the bite is still on!!!

My kid and I love to do the video-thing as well. Trying to figure out a way to attach a FlipCam to tape the fish as we net them (wife says she doesn't want to sit in a boat all day and videotape for us!).