Took my wife out on our first fishing trip together on our "new" to us boat. We had a late start and set lines at about 9:30. We trolled south of the piers between 80 and 95 foot of water. We found a ball of baitfish, marked it on the graph and kept going around that waypoint. We caught 7 kings and pulled lines at noon. My wife had 2 on the swr rig that fought for about 15 minutes each, skimming across the top, jumping and pulling out lots of line. They seemed pretty ornery on that setup.

What worked - downrigger 50 down with Moonshine Flounder pounder Green took 2. A UV silverstreak, can't remember the name took 1 on the 200 copper. And an ET Stinger Nitro took 4 on the swr. (Thanks to Aaron at Lakeshore Outfitters for recommending that one)

It was a great day to be out and I was happy that we got to catch some fish too.

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00196-1.jpg

Great job. was this the shake down for the new boat? If so' date=' that is awesome. I'd say it works just fine.[/quote']

Thanks

Mark- It was my 3rd trip. I went out on Memorial day for the shakedown and went 4 for 7 with my Dad and a friend. So far it fishes pretty well and the kids and the wife love the cabin and extra space.

I am hoping to get an autopilot next season.