6/11-6/12 in ludington AM

Well Saturday was alot of fun but it became a little hard with only 2 ppl on the boat. So we got out pretty early and it was pouring when we were running to the point. We got all the rods set and we caught a shaker, so we through it back. About 20 minutes later the 300 copper went which had a meat rig on it. It was a 12 pound king. Then we did not catch anything for abount an hour. We decided to move everything up to the 40-50 ft range, and the fun began. We had a double header with a rigger and a dipsey. We landed both of them. then we got the rods back in the water and we had another double. Once we caught those we turned back around the other downrigger went and we landed that one. We turned around and the hapee meal missed a fish. Then we missed another fish on the wire dipsey with a meat rig. This all happened in about 30 minutes The double headers were tough because of the other boats a waves and only 2 ppl on the boat. The silver flouder pounder took 3 fish. The bloody nose took 2 fish. The hapee meal took 1 and missed 1. We ended the day 7 for 9. We had one smaller fish and the other ones were good size. 4 fish were in the 12 to 14 pound range and then we had a nice 18 pounder.

Sunday was short. We fished from 7am to 9am. 3 to 5 footers pushed us off the lake. We went 4 for 7. Still only 2 ppl on the boat. Made it hard. I got the dipsey out with a bloody nose spoon and it was in the water for 10 seconds and it took off and it snapped the leader. It was my bad because I had the drag to tight. I barely had time to check it. After that the same rig just with a different bloody nose on it, and it landed a 10 pound king. Just after that a bloody nose took another king. Then about 30 minutes later the silver flounder pounder took a 10 pound laker. Then finally the same bloody nose took a 15 pound king to end the day. In the middle of all that the hapee meal missed a fish and the bloody nose missed another fish.

caught all fish in 160 fow and the bloody nose was obvously the best. It took 5 fish. The silver flounder pounder was also good. It took 4 fish. hapee meal took 1 and missed 2. The meat rig took 1 and missed 1. We went 11 for 16 over the two days.

Nicely done. Ludington sure has been good as of late from what ive been hearing.

Well they were killing them all week and then with the wheather change it really slowed down... We saw 7 ppl at the docks and 4 of them got skunked and the rest had no more than 3 fish...