Another Day but just a Nickel

I made it out again today with a different crew and it was a different game. finally found some active fish when the oldest guy onboard started chumming. Went in with five and called it a day. Glows were good over 32-34 FOW @ 1.5 MPH B.B. and meat. The deeper fish seem un-movable with the hatch going on. I think they are gorging on the bugs and belching their way to the bottom to digest them. Even small offerings wouldn't budge the bottom fish. It will change. Fish em high if the low ones don't go. Gotta Luv it.

Frank I think your right on. We couldn't get the low fish to bite anything. It is hard to convince yourself to fish high in the water column, because you don't really see the fish on your finder up high (other than trash fish). I think it is because your boat pushes them out and away from the sonar, not being seen. We caught a bunch of fish with 25' of line out, never saw a one on the graph??? It is very tough to compete with the bug buffet going on right now, keep on them. Have you or anyone heard of any steelies being caught? Last year this hatch produced several for me out by 1 & 2.

Ive been dragging the bottom hard in the slot with great success, when i feel the bottom bouncer hit i let out about 10 more feet of line out.

We were doing exactly the same thing at all kinds of different speeds. Different locations and conditions. GJ getting the bottom lurkers going. There is nothing I like better than targeting the bottom. Even targeting the high stuff I use bouncers so I can quickly shift to a bottom program. Thanks for the slot info. I like reading your reports.:) Maybe someday we can wet a line.:)

Frank I think your right on. We couldn't get the low fish to bite anything. It is hard to convince yourself to fish high in the water column, because you don't really see the fish on your finder up high (other than trash fish). I think it is because your boat pushes them out and away from the sonar, not being seen. We caught a bunch of fish with 25' of line out, never saw a one on the graph??? It is very tough to compete with the bug buffet going on right now, keep on them. Have you or anyone heard of any steelies being caught? Last year this hatch produced several for me out by 1 & 2.

You are correct about the fish spooking to the side out of view of the ducer. A large % of our fish were taken on the inside boards. On the other hand with different conditions I have seen these eyes so aggressive they would hit a harness high in the prop wash. It's a constantly changing game. Gotta Luv Dat Bay and it's right in our back yards.:thumb: