So with the weather man talking of big heat and some bigger winds. I figued I should take the day to get some fishing in the 1 foot waves.

Yesterday morning the lake was like glass, I got a late start as I told my ridder the wrong launch so after a quick phone call and a 15 minute way, we were on our way out of Holland.

I headed for the same area I fished in the WMFL 70-85 FOW to set lines as the sun was already starting to peak over the dunes. What did I find..... Nothing It was a waste land and the search was on. I worked my way SW and started marking fish a half mile south of the pier heads in 90 FOW. Just like that it kicked into high gear. The 300 copper just starts ripping and my newbie on the boat goes to get it and couldnt get it out of the tree!!!!!! It was a good fish and when he got it out of the tree hooks came out and it was all over.

So I reset the 300 copper and try and go back to my crackers and cheese and it screams again... board goes under this time I grab it and its GAME TIME. I had off the rod to my newbie and after a good battle an 8 pound king lands in the net.

After disposing of the fish and getting the net clead ect ect ect... the 300 is reset.... 5 minutes later it takes off again. and blam gone!!

We took one more hit on the 300 and the same thing.. I changed out the hooks to a nice new shiney Owner.

As I was pulling lines the rigger starts slamming and I knew something took the scooter clipped slider.... I reeled down to it, and it was gone.

What worked....

300 copper UV spoon from Big lake Lures Holo Mod Blue Veggie

SS mini super screw

What didn’t work

Everything else

PM trip!!!

I really was not up to fishing last night as my wife had made some good dinner. My buddy Dane wanted to go fishing and so did his GF. After talking me into going. I DRAGGED myself out outta my AC and loaded the boat. We cleared the pier heads and had a nice south wind going so I rode the waves out and headed north. (I had not fished north since fishing near shore for steel.) I ran out to 115 and trolled with the 1 footers as Dane and I set lines. No more then we got all the lines went and both riggers pop… they double back over and the fish was gone on both, VERY weird. I took the helm and turned the boat south into the waves and starting working my way SE in search of some fish. Needless to say it started slow… and ended in a furry of FUBARNESS. By then end of the night ended up 5 for 12 or so.

Patriot (Prototype Big Lake lures spoon) took 5 hits and landed 3 fish 2 Lakers and 1 king on 350 copper. One of the Lakers was 18” and was released.

Same spoon on the 300 copper as this morning took 3 hits and landed 1 king.

Custom green 8” SD with and ITO NBK fly took a nice king

250 copper Lemon berry had a slam

Missed a slider or 2 with a mini mixed veggie.

What didnt work

Brad's plugs

Super slim program from this weekend

I changed all the hooks again.. I just need to keep them connected!!!

Pictures coming as soon as I find the camera!

Other info:

The fish I was into were S of the sliders in 85 to 93 FOW. I marked alot of fish near the bottom in this area.

SOG was 2.9- 3.2

SE troll was the best

Hot spoons-

dscf2853.jpg

Rigger

dscf2845.jpg

The sunset

dscf2848.jpg

The catch

dscf2850.jpg

Edited by Killin' It

Dave

Glad you had a good night ,I believe with the way you have been fishing the patriot, we will have to add it to our line up this year, unless you buy them all up. Thanks for the help on this one, you have did a great job. Send me some on water photos so we can add it to the web.

luremaker