If you only had one setup

For me it would be the dipsey rig for its versitility being able to set it up for depth and distance and spread. Not my favorite rig to fish but definently one of the most usable from a options standpoint for fishing many different presentations along with the range of adjustments.

For all seasons, all year, all species my bait would be a Rapala and it would connected to a down rigger. Rapala's catch every fish that swims and I can set my riggers from 1' to 200' to cover any range of water.

Blue dolphin DW off a rigger. I catch pretty much all 5 species on that set up over the course of the year. Also, riggers are by far the most verstile.

Browns I can set them shallow with long leads, coho I can set them in the prop wash. Easiest rig to bottom bounce for lakers other than maybe a thumper, and a thumper isn't good for much else. Kings from April into harbor patrol, offshore steelies I can run them at 5mph, something my divers don't seem to like much, and then even fishing the surf until the access points up here ice up - my riggers will be in the water. Took an 11# steelie last year 3' down on the day after Thanksgiving.

That said, took over 100 fish this spring before I set a rigger.

I think I would have to choose the downriggers as well, it's hard to beat the versatility of the riggers. Picking just one bait would be tough but if I was just targeting Kings it would be a white flasher and an aqua fly.

Hands Down.... A Dipsy Diver and a Magnum SS Yellow Tail.

Divers(Slide and Dipsy) take more fish on my boat every year than any other set-up....by far.

IMO, NOTHING beats a King strike on a Diver rod. :thumb: