Anyone have a Linwood area fishing report?

Two buddies and I are coming over from the west side of the state for our annual walleye trip Sunday - Tuesday. We will be staying in Linwood. Anyone wishing to help a west side salmon fisherman catch some of your walleyes, please let me know if you have any current info from the Linwood area. Seem to be very few reports, slow fishing?? Thanks for the help.

The reason for little to no reports is because the MWT tournament is next weekend and everybody is out prefishing for it. I have been hearing a few reports of decent catches out of Linwood but most aren't talking.

Fish are everywhere in the bay. We fish the east side of the bay in the slot but we were in 8-12 fow and did good, didn't get our limit but it was steady fishing. Another friend of mine fished 22-24 fow and did really good out by the shipping channel. With the tournament going on people aren't going to be saying much. I'm not sure if we will be out on Saturday or not but for sure on Sunday and our handle is No Limit. Give us a call, we will probably make people mad but if we are catching fish and we have some hot colors we will tell you our set up and what's working.

Tried to fish the bay this morning. It was a little rougher than I expected, but we went out any way. The water is nasty by the mouth really dirty and warm. The dirty water was 10* warmer than the cleaner water out front of Linwood. We tried from 19-13 fow with out even a strike and only marked about 10 fish. Visibility was about 1.5 ft not very good conditions. Talked to a guy at the ramp and they had similar results and they fish Pinny, the 47's and the sailboat bouys. It did lay down about the time we came in. We only fished tot's and stick baits because we forgot the crawlers in the truck :bonk: . The temp in front of Linwood was 57*- 59* and the temp at the mouth was 68*. Oh well we'll try it again next week.

Thanks for the information. We will be hitting the water Sunday afternoon. No Limit, I will try to give you a shout on the radio. Appreciate the info, if I can ever help you out over here, I would be happy to reciprocate.

Thanks for the info. We had a successful trip. Caught 6 keepers Sunday afternoon, sorted a bunch and got our 15 on Monday and 15 in aoubt 4 hours Tuesday. We fished 21-23 feet of water with harnesses and crawlers. Almost all fish came high in the water column. Great weather and a great bunch of fish. Sounded like fishing was improving by the day. There was a massive bug hatch on and I wonder if that slows the fishing as most of the fish we caught had stomachs full of bugs.

I took the day off work this wed went out of l.b.m at 5:00 am fished cigar for about 45 min no action pulled lines and went to c reef (the bar) pulled a 2 man limit in less than 2 1/2 hours in 18 to 22 foot of water dragging meat with inline weights 45 feet back. Good thing we got them early,it was getting rough out it took 2 hours to get back into l.b.m waves had increased to about 4 feet. Id show p[ics but i dont know how to up load pics to this site (new to the forum)