Decided last minute to make a trip out tonight. Brought one of my sisters, one of my brothers, and my best friend out. Left the launch at like 7:45 PM. Ran strait out to 90 FOW and set up. Went with two wire mag dipseys, 10 color, 5 color, and downriggers. Marked some fish in ~110 FOW then nothing. My Dad called a little later and I was talking to him on the phone, looked at the fish finder to tell him what depth we were in, saw a mark going right through the line of the DR ball, turned to look at the rod, saw it pop, then hung up and proceeded to reel the fish in. First fish coming on board the new boat was a 7 lb. king that came on a Moonshine Green Flounder Pounder on a DR parked at 60 ft. in 132 FOW. In the process of netting the fish, the hook got really tangled in the net so I was messing with that for a while. Once I got everything set again, made a turn south at the 150 mark with no fish on the graph. Turned back toward the spot where we had picked up the fish. got to 128 FOW and the same rod went again. Gave my friend the pole and started to get the net ready. While he's working on that one, my brother sees the wire dipsey set at 175 (setting 1) with a Green Flounder Pounder start moving. My sister takes the pole and starts working the fish. We get my friend's fish to the boat and it's a 5 lb king. My sister gets the fish her fish two the boat and lands her first Big Lake fish, a 7 lb. King :thumb: Continued trolling till 80 FOW then decided it was getting pretty dark and nasty out so we headed in at 9:45.

Ended up 3/3 in less than two hours, defiantly the best trip I've ever had. Talked to someone else on the radio who went 10/12 in the same depth of water. SOG was 3.0-3.2 All of the fish had empty stomachs

Now some pics

img_3814_271542.jpg

img_3815.jpg

img_3818.jpg

img_3822.jpg

img_3826.jpg

img_3827.jpg

Edited by BenLubbs
Rotated Pics

Nice job Ben. Put a moonshine on every pole you have during that golden hour, and get ready!

How is the boat running?

Thanks Ken, for some reason last night when we got to the launch it didn't want to idle and kept dying but once I let it run at a higher RPM for a bit then it was fine. Definitely a lot funner fishing out of this boat than the old 16 ft'er.

Nice job breaking in the boat! Thanks for the report and story. Looks like you scaled him pretty good getting him out of the net :)

Yea, I would have liked the picture a lot more if the fish wasn't so beat up. I don't know how the hook got so tangled in the net and it only got worse with the fish flopping all over the place (he was realll spunky) :)

Oh, and you can tell it's been way too long since I caught a fish because while cutting the very first fillet I tried to cut my finger tip off :blush: Luckly it didn't get very far. Gonna have to get back into the swing of things I guess.

Just run one of every Flounder on the rods and a double trouble on the rigger you will be happy with the results:)

I have heard good things about area 51 and bought one, sadly it is still in the package. I will have to change that.

Just run one of every Flounder on the rods and a double trouble on the rigger you will be happy with the results:)

I have heard good things about area 51 and bought one, sadly it is still in the package. I will have to change that.

You reminded me of something, I meant to run sliders yesterday but forgot :mad: Gonna have to do that next trip.