prop question

the prop on my boat right now is a 14.5 x 19p and its pretty beat up. i have a used one i thought i would replace it with but its a 14 x 19p. dose anyone know would that half inch in dia. make any differance in how the boat would perform

Not likely much.

Replace it, bring the old one to West Michigan Prop, and get it rebuilt. Then switch back.

yea what he said! but to get real the only thing it might do is give you just alittle better hole shot and a few more rpm,s. i,d put her on there and take her for a test run. as long as you dont over tach you should be ok. you may even like the 14 better than the old 14.5. i would want to test it before i went out for a long day of fishing, just to make sure what its going to do. then when you get your old prop back from the prop shop you can switch them back if you want. but if you like the 14 you can keep the 14.5 as your spare. its good to know what your spare prop is going to do anyway. good luck and let us know how it turns out. i put a 13 1/2 x 19 pitch 5 blade on my old boat, and loved it. but i could have used just a few more rpm,s on top end. so i got a real good buy on a 13 1/2 x 17 pitch on ebay for 150.00. so i bought it and just wanted to find out what it was going to do. its hard to believe but the only thing i could tell was about 200 more rpm,s. it seemed to take off about the same, top end was about the same, just a few more rpm,s

sherman

I would call great Lakes prop out of Grand haven ,The people that run this shop are unbelievable, I have seen them take a new prop out of the box and tune it in to scream on my 150 ,And I know he could give you or tell you what to run on the boat for what you want to do with it. Great people and fast , I won't take my prop anywhere else .Only had a few props worked on in my days but these guys have always did the best work on repair and pricing .

Luremaker