No start - just a clicking noise

jon i might have a extra stand i'll check tomorrow if i do i can drop it off on my way up to kentwood in the late am early afternoon

we ended up spending an extra day in Detroit for my son's soccer games.

so I have not had a chance to find a stand.

jon

Any idea on how many hrs are on this motor? And did it run well before this happened?

If the motor ran strong last season I would start with the oil pan and pull the rod and main cap ,first mark each one in order 1-? and only on one side ,the mains and rod cap have to go on the same way they came off.You may be able to just have a spun bearing and get by with crank work.If you are going to have it rebuilt ,you can email me if you like I have a good friend that builds pro motors for all apps and is well known around the holland zeeland area.He has beat any price around on rebuilds from start to finish or if you want to put it together he does that too.

luremaker

jon

Any idea on how many hrs are on this motor? And did it run well before this happened?

If the motor ran strong last season I would start with the oil pan and pull the rod and main cap ,first mark each one in order 1-? and only on one side ,the mains and rod cap have to go on the same way they came off.You may be able to just have a spun bearing and get by with crank work.If you are going to have it rebuilt ,you can email me if you like I have a good friend that builds pro motors for all apps and is well known around the holland zeeland area.He has beat any price around on rebuilds from start to finish or if you want to put it together he does that too.

luremaker

We pulled the motor last Saturday. Jon pulled the heads to find a blown head gasket, witch allowed water in. Witch caused hydro lock/ bent rod and piston.

you have the motor out, half tore down. i think i would either get a rebuilt long block or just rebuild that one. another long block would get you back on the water. or you might even want to check michigan motorz for a new long block. he has awesome prices. just my thoughts. get er fixed. good luck.

sherman

you have the motor out, half tore down. i think i would either get a rebuilt long block or just rebuild that one. another long block would get you back on the water. or you might even want to check michigan motorz for a new long block. he has awesome prices. just my thoughts. get er fixed. good luck.

sherman

michigan motorz has rebuilt long blocks for up to 1986 for 2200.00. they have new ones for 2400.00 and i think 87,s up to the vortec,s for 2800.00 and they have the vortec,s for 2700.00. i dont remember what the rebuilt vortec,s are. but this gives you an idea. and if you are interested you can check them out for yourself. it might be alot cheaper to just have yours rebuilt by someone on the forum. just trying to help in the only way i can.

sherman

Looks like I'm going to rebuild my self. Have time but not much money. Plan to get the heads redo , block bored. Then all new guts. Should be good for another 20 years

Looking for suggestions on where to get parts and machining done here in gr area

Looks like I'm going to rebuild my self. Have time but not much money. Plan to get the heads redo , block bored. Then all new guts. Should be good for another 20 years

Looking for suggestions on where to get parts and machining done here in gr area

I have had RPM on Chicago Dr. in Jenison do my car head for me, though I don't know how he compares to other shops because he's more performance oriented. Also he's a one man deal so if he has other stuff going on it might take a while.