Presque Isle Lakers

I'd go south of PI. They changed the lake trout laws, and implemented a slot limit from PI and north :(. Alpena near thunderbay island is excellent right now. Mostly a spoon bite. We've picked up kings and atlantics out of rockport but the laketrout seem to be scarce so far.

Thanks, glad to be here.

Well I am confused on the lake trout reg's. From what I see on the DNR's website, it looks like the the MH-2 lake trout unit goes from just south of Rogers City to just south of Thunder Bay.

I will be staying on Grand Lake and was really hoping to go out of PI. I will only have a 16' boat so I was either going to stay around the harbor, north bay or towards stoneport.

Thanks for any advice.

The slot limit is from PI north now. Brand new this year. Slightly confusing. I still think fishing out of rockport is your best bet. Its just south of grand lake. If your not familiar with the launch it can be kind of tricky, but its a GREAT place for a small boat right now. Fish are pretty much 100 yards past the pier head. Hit 20ft and turn north. :)

PS. I absolutely hate the michigan dnr website. It needs to be completely redone.