Ended the day 8 for 12, 7 Kings and one Laker. 2 of the Kings were 15lbs plus and 4 were 10-13lbs with one 6-7lbs. Laker was almost as big around as it was long when cleaning the Laker I found an alewife about 11" long, along with 4 other normal size alewives, can't believe it wanted something more in its stomach. 130 fow was best north of the pier heads for us. SUV flasher and meat rig took the laker down 120' on the starboard rigger and my green frog flasher and meat rig took 3 kings down 70' on port side rigger, green with white glow tape spin doctor with a green fly on 300' of copper had a big fish on than I couldn't even gain on with the boat at idle, stood there trying to figure out how we were going to get the fish in besides pulling every thing and chasing it down, every time I would start to pull back on the fish it would do some major thrashing and take off again, I had the new TX44 boards out and when it would run the board would dive under the water. That went on about 4 times and for about 15 minutes and the last run it took wound up braking my 30lbs mono leader, at least the copper didn't brake, wish I would have gotten that on in. 200' copper with a green and white mag spoon took one of the over 15lbs fish, starboard mag diver with a new spin doctor that's green, and black and green, blue, and chartreuse fly took the other big fish and lost 2 out 150'. Port side mag diver out 125' took 1 and lost 1 with a mag green frog spoon. After figuring out they wanted anything with green I stuck another green with white glow tape spin doctor with a green fly down the starboard rigger down 95' and it took the last king of the day which was a double on both riggers firing about 20 seconds apart. Bad enough I lost my spin doctor and fly on the big fish but when pulling everything in when we were done the spin doctor and green fly out 15' from the ball on the starboard rigger was MIA, a clean break off:eek: don't know how that happened, looks like it was about 4-5' from the ball:confused: rigger never tripped either. Didn't break at the release so I don't know how that happened, but it was the deepest rigger. Second trip with my new Chamberlain releases and they work perfect:cool: no more dragging lakers around with the rubber bands and blacks releases that wouldn't break. 51-53 degrees all the way out to 120' then the temp started to drop from their. Nice day on the lake, Good luck and I will talk to ya next time.

Nice job Todd... there are definitely some bigger fish to be had this year! I would not be surprised to see some 25 lb. fish brought in this year with the size of some of the kings we are seeing already this year. Maybe the reduction in planting that they started in 2006 is starting to have an effect???

yeah the fish are definitly bigger this year. The size of the fish we have caught this year are the size of the fish we caught in late summer last year. their are gonna be alot of 25 pounders swimming around in august!!! Maybe even a couple 30 pounders????

Good job Todd,I should be over to St Joe Sat or Sun PM trip, gotta work int he AM both days and Monday is a full day at the Job. I cant wait to try my new rod holders, got them installed last Thursday and work has kept me from fishing and looks like it will until at least the end of next week. So Keep the reports coming I am gonna need all the help I can get.

I try to report what happens out there. Its a big lake and a lot of fish in the lake, I don't get to stingy. Maybe that's why I got kicked out of michigan sportsman members only pages last weak. I'm still trying to figure out what I wrote that pizzed off the capt. It is what it is. Its his board he can say what ever he wants, but if you say the slightest thing wrong in his eyes your gone. I guess the $700-$800 worth of gear the last couple of years I bought from him has no affect. Its not like I just use and abuse the info he shells out.