Pt austin 5-19-11

Well it all started out with real good intentions , but waiting at the launch from 7:00 till 11:30 When we could finely get on the water and actually see beyond a hundred yards ,it was some pretty thick fog to cut. Started out running bb and crawlers at 27’ to 35’ following the contour from pt. Austin to crescent park varying the lead lengths ,then headed back toward the can changing up to bombers thunders sticks and spoons.to see if any silver wanted to play after only two good rips that’s was all we seem to come up with. the first rip was on a spoon harness that took the board right backward for a ways and was headed out .I couldn’t even slow him down with that ochoma 30 on a 7’ storm rod set up for wally that king just played his way off in no time after a minitue.the next descent rip Mark got and pulled in just a short ways before it got off. After that it seems like a very nice boat ride the rest of the time. Talk about a gorges day on the water there was only a small ripple and calm it was at least 2:30 before we could see around the two miles.no fish just a good washing of lures and boat today. We did get a better shake down run on the boat to see what I need to get tuned in for speed and familiar with. water was cold at 42.9 to 44 with hardly any marks on the graph.

TURBO

100_0613.jpg

100_0615.jpg

TOM

At least you did make it out. Grindstone usually gets socked in with fog pretty good too. We will be in P.A. next week. We usually hit the stone breakwall in town at dusk and wade out from shore and cast spoons for walleye and bass. Water is cold! Usually it's at least in the 50's by now. I'll let you know if we do any good. Maybe I'll see you out there!

Thanks for the report Tom, It will be better next time! looks I'am not missing much in that case, don't have the Heads back yet for my engine:( hopefully Monday:thumb: Sounds like H.B. is still on Fire for mixed bag of fish :thumb: good luck next time.