Out here fishing right now as I post. Caught one steelhead while setting lines and nothing since. They seem to be mnoving out further so that's what we're doing too.

This time of year it is sometimes tough to find the active fish. Most of the time you can find something in the top 30 fow that will hit. That steelhead was probably only a few feet down and it followed your lure.

it was for sure because it hit when I was setting that line. Hit on a trout pattern J-9. Thought we were going to have a smokin' day but it didn't happen. Couple guys we talked to one had a coho and the other caught nothing. When we were leaving there was a mixed bag at the fish cleaning station. They had a nice haul. At least 1 of everything.

and I also have to add that the guy that was working down there for the state was a really nice guy!! He was helping people launch their boat, cleaning up and talking to everybody that came in from fishing. Super nice guy!!! He says things are going to be run differently down there now. At least the fish cleaning station will always be open.

and I also have to add that the guy that was working down there for the state was a really nice guy!! He was helping people launch their boat, cleaning up and talking to everybody that came in from fishing. Super nice guy!!! He says things are going to be run differently down there now. At least the fish cleaning station will always be open.

That's some good news. Such nice facilities and nice to know someone there to take care of it. How did you like the shorter docks this year??

I was out there also! I didn't see ya but I did talk the Deep Decent at the cleaning station, they went 4 for 7, I didn't get to early of a start about 8:30 and in at 1:00 and one coho on j7 stick looked like a brook trout 80 back on the board, I'am suprized that anyone caught anything when they just planted 35000 little salmon yesterday in the Harbor, but they have the muddy water to protect them in 10 to 15 fow,

We didn't even bother with those shorter ramps when we came in. That's just asking for scraping bottom. Hope they put the rest back on them and don't leave them like that. Grant, what were you guys fishing in? The 2 guys that came in just behind us caught 1 coho. They were in Starcraft Islander. There was a Great Lakes Fisherman decal on the side, I can't remember what the name on the back said. We were in the white and teal ProLine being pulled by a lifted white Ford F150.

All be darn, that was you I looked at you and woundered if it was, I had the 22 Offshore Starcraft with decals on the side, said king chaser on the back, you got a nice boat!

I had said to the guy wenching it on the trailer that I would move the anchor that was hitting him as he was cranking the wench L.O.L., maybe next time we'll say Hi.

we were out there yesterday,stayed away from the other boats.we ended up with a nice mixed bag 3 lakers,5 coho a king and a steelie.most of our fish came on core and small silver streaks.fish were in 30 to 45 fow with 2,3 and 5 colors taking the most fish:thumb:we were in the starcraft fishmaster.

I was going to ask you what your handle was on Greatlakes Fisherman!! That's too funny!! The guy wenching the boat in is my first mate (a.k.a. my husband, Mike) LOL. I'm a little more partial to your boat and your set-up. I've got to put a new terminal end on one of our side riggers. The cable got caught on a dock post and snapped the sucker. Never had that happen before!! Next time we'll have to chat a little more!

and nice catch, Jay!! I wanted to run to Cherry Creek and set lines but other obligations had us there later than we wanted and off the water before we wanted to be!

We caught two steel head one 5 lbs and the other 7.5 lbs out in 40 ft of water. We were using a Brook Trout Bomber and a silver black challenger. 80 ft behind an inline board. We also caught a coho on an orange headed gold bomber in 30 ft of water. Then a 8 lb laker close to the bottom on a magnum orange crush in 35 ft of water. We had a good day. Hfitch we were in the light green Trophy Pro and King Chaser was in the Starcraft.

King Chaser was in the Starcraft but we have a white and teal (light green) ProLine walkaround cuddy. Nice catch! Were you guys close to the harbor or did you go away from it. We went down to the highbanks and back again.

Heidi, We was north in front of the trailer park and north of that between 25' and 40' FOW, the fish I caught and the hits all was on a north troll @ 2.4 to 2.6 GPS speed at 40' I could see the ball down 20', I think Deep Descent was in that area to I saw him once when they was fighting the one fish, I think that you guys go again go north and stay away from the other boats and get the baits out long and away.

PS. I will be working Harbor Beach water this next week to pin down a program and plan for the CAN to CAN next saterday.

we almost always go north, I don't know why we decided on south that day. Thanks for the info, Grant. I think we might try it tonight if we get done with camping early enough this morning.